A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

R2elk...are you going to let that momma bird raise her babies? Love the shot of the baby hiding in the grass.

Heading home today. Miss my girls!
She has all ten poults now and will get to keep them as long as nothing goes wrong. She is isolated from the rest of the flock and seems to be doing well with them.

Years ago I was grabbing poults from a hen out in the open when they scattered all over the place. I wish I had a camera with me back then. I was down to the last missing poult which had gotten 100' away from the hen. Previously it would take off every time that I reached for it but the last time it found a huge cottonwood leaf and stuck its head under the leaf. Because it couldn't see it assumed that it couldn't be seen. I had a good laugh as I spotted this headless body next to this huge leaf. It never even moved as I reached for it and made the final capture.

She has all ten poults now and will get to keep them as long as nothing goes wrong. She is isolated from the rest of the flock and seems to be doing well with them.

Years ago I was grabbing poults from a hen out in the open when they scattered all over the place. I wish I had a camera with me back then. I was down to the last missing poult which had gotten 100' away from the hen. Previously it would take off every time that I reached for it but the last time it found a huge cottonwood leaf and stuck its head under the leaf. Because it couldn't see it assumed that it couldn't be seen. I had a good laugh as I spotted this headless body next to this huge leaf. It never even moved as I reached for it and made the final capture.

Lol! That sounds hilarious!

I tried to get a good picture last night but by the time I had run to grab a camera, I had missed the opportunity. The baby last night had herself tucked in on Mary's back. She was laying there, sleeping with her head tucked in to her wing Mary was just sitting on the roost. Mary even stuff up when I got close and the baby kept laying there lol. But by the time I left the coop, ran and grabbed the camera, she had gotten down and was snuggled in beside her.

Aurora....baby bird seems to have a choice of who to sleep with each night! Too cute! That baby is spoiled by all it's different moms!

R2elk....I bet that was funny! Poor little guy!

20180813_135903.jpg

16 5day olds. 12 more in the Hatcher due tomorrow. 35 more due 9-1 then done for the year! Been an extra long season. I'll have to get a final count, but well over 1000 poults hatched this year. :D

Back
Top Bottom