A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Coonhound has one toy he hasn't destroyed. It's this rope thing with knots on either side. Bought it at a dog show. This gal was making them. Not sure what kind of rope it is, but it's pretty stout. Coonhound has a habit of violently shaking it like a dead racoon. Last night he slung it through a window. Nice going there buddy! Sigh.....

On our evening stroll last night I ran into the parents of the birthday kid. Dad is going to come pick up Daisy in his golf cart & chauffeur her (us) to the party. He's getting a kick out of "Driving Miss Daisy ". Geez. Mom wants to get a good picture of the kid celebrating with a turkey for their annual Christmas card. They do one of those cards with a family pictures from throughout the year. I'm starting to think the parents are as excited to host Daisy as the kid.

On our evening stroll last night I ran into the parents of the birthday kid. Dad is going to come pick up Daisy in his golf cart & chauffeur her (us) to the party. He's getting a kick out of "Driving Miss Daisy ". Geez. Mom wants to get a good picture of the kid celebrating with a turkey for their annual Christmas card. They do one of those cards with a family pictures from throughout the year. I'm starting to think the parents are as excited to host Daisy as the kid.

Well who wouldn't be! She's such a local celebrity! And such a social butterfly :)

The swap went well yesterday. I managed to sell off 5 brahmas, 4 assorted hens, a young ameraucana cross (which the family has already fallen in love with and has sent me multiple shoulder bird pictures already lol), 2 saddles, a pair of Seramas and 1 of the two turkeys (the semi penciled). Everyone was commenting on how gorgeous the fully penciled boy was but I don't think most people were caring around enough to buy him. The family that too the little ameraucana may want him next month or later this month and several others have asked if I'll have him back next month so, we'll see how that goes. I did bring a bunch of cockerels back home so unfortunately for them, I'll be working on filling up the freezer on Monday :/

Sounds like you did well! How cool that family loves their new chicken! Maybe the penciled tom will go there & be a good pet for them!

I really hope so. I was holding him off and on for most of the swap to draw attention to him (he's not very social but he surrendered lol). That family would be the perfect home for him. ALL of their birds are named pets and most are lappers. He would be there first turkey..... They know chicken math, but not turkey math.... Yet. Plus, if they bought him, I wouldn't have to worry about them selling poults with the penciled gene. The other turkey I sold was also some family's first turkey. She came to the swap to pick up a couple ducks since a lonely muscovy showed up and her house and didn't want to leave. She left with ducks from one guy, a turkey from me, and guinea keets from another guy lol. She was a little concerned about how her husband would react when she got home lol

Since the general consensus among those who know is that my mottled is most likely a hen, I started feeling bad about calling her a he! So I took her on a stroll and told her how beautiful she is. She sure isn't a girlie girl like Daisy & Iris....and that's just fine with me!!

Aurora....we may have to design some little nun outfits! Daisy gets to be the " flying nun"!

Since the general consensus among those who know is that my mottled is most likely a hen, I started feeling bad about calling her a he! So I took her on a stroll and told her how beautiful she is. She sure isn't a girlie girl like Daisy & Iris....and that's just fine with me!!

Aurora....we may have to design some little nun outfits! Daisy gets to be the " flying nun"!

Sounds like a fun project!

Back
Top Bottom