A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I was afraid you was going to ask me to get hands on. He is 1 yr old and in the butcher pen right now getting fattened up. I will have to pin him down and see if I can get a close up pic.
I don't know that a photo is necessary. If it was mine, curiosity would make me examine it closer.

It is really easy to straighten toes during the first couple of days. Once they get older, not so easy. It doesn't look like the crooked toes associated with a bad hatch. It is possible that they were injured recently.

if it was mine, I would let it be at this time and just not use it as a breeder. In your case I can understand if that is not the direction that you want to go.

Good luck.
Thanks, @R2elk

So, splinting probably wouldn't help at this point? It hasn't slowed the poult down but concerns me for later mobility issues.

Geesh, I have been so "protected", I guess. I have had spayed feet on chickens and have successfully fixed those. Never have I had a crooked toed chick as far - as I know.

That is until I go examine everyone again!!! - smh
:he

I was afraid you was going to ask me to get hands on. He is 1 yr old and in the butcher pen right now getting fattened up. I will have to pin him down and see if I can get a close up pic.
Please video the exam.....We love turkey wrassling videos!!

True....Fred, we haven't seen a good turkey wrassling video in awhile!

Mowed the front yesterday. I thought I was sneaking the mower out, but Daisy must have spied on me. She flew the fences to come & dive bomb me. Stopped the mower, picked her up to cart her back to the pen. Set her on the handle momentarily to tie my tennis shoe. Yard guys driving by stopped & yelled at us if she was looking for a job. They are hiring. Yuck, yuck yuck.

We have those noisey locust things right now. The birds have made pigs of themselves. One of my SS walked by me with wings sticking out of her beak.
Bad storm this morning....more predicted for this afternoon. Lots of folks lost power. And of course it hit during rush hour. We needed a bit of rain just not all drama!

Back
Top Bottom