A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I am so sorry! I hate that he is struggling and/or doesn't seem to be feeling well. I do worry he is hurt or sick if he is off feed even though he isn't alone. His brother should be enough to keep him company. Since he resists you feeding him all you really can do is wait him out and see if he either passes or improves. Does he have any visible signs of injuries? He could just be very sore from fighting. Our roosters go off feed like that sometimes after they are beat up badly. We used to raise game chickens, now we just have what few are left because we've had them so long. But when they fight they don't stop and are in pretty rough shape usually or dead.
His face is badly beat up, but I have seen turkeys with horrible injuries and they usually start eating within a few days. It has been over a week now, and he is just more and more lethargic. He is scared of me now, and moves to the far end of the yard when he sees me. I think he is going to die. I am so heartbroken 😢

His face is badly beat up, but I have seen turkeys with horrible injuries and they usually start eating within a few days. It has been over a week now, and he is just more and more lethargic. He is scared of me now, and moves to the far end of the yard when he sees me. I think he is going to die. I am so heartbroken 😢
I am so sorry he isn't doing well. Hopefully he makes it. Is he at least drinking water? When we have birds that are ill or injured during the cold months, we put them in a warm dry place. Would it be possible to coop the brothers up together in a warm place and keep encouraging him to eat? He is certainly stressed, so a little sugar water and electrolytes may help. He must be drinking, otherwise he would have already passed if he hadn't had anything to drink in a week I would imagine. Offer supportive care and hopefully nurse him through it would be my suggestion. Maybe even some antibiotics if an infection is suspected. He may be easier to get a hold of after dark unless he roosts high in a tree. As lethargic as you describe him, he may be on the ground roosting.

Back
Top Bottom