A few pics of my ostrich chicks

all over inconvenience and gross-ness factor really if it had to live in the house with you half the time..you know how chicken poo is mostly a neat little turd you can pick up, and then in between you get the wet soft runny stinky ones?i had a pet egyptian goose that I raised and he used to sit on the couch with me and watch TV , but they literally make messy stinky runny ones every 5min. The chooks also sit on the couch with me and my rooster will sit on my shoulder and during a 45min program he'll maybe drop 1 or 2,and you can just pick them up usually.
I KNow..how is this for a discussion??but what can we do??
idunno.gif

I am allergic to cuddling my dogs and cats are even worse, so everything furry is out. and feathery things do **** a lot. and I dont do parrots, they belong in the rainforest, and they are too small to cuddle. I would LOVE to see some pics of you with your emu!!!

I've been lurking around this site for quite sometime now and figured it was about time to share a few pics of my own project. I hatched a couple of ostrich last Sept in a practice attempt before filling the incubator with emu eggs later this month. I didn't keep these guys but they sure were fun to watch.
ther so cute love those feet!

all over inconvenience and gross-ness factor really if it had to live in the house with you half the time..you know how chicken poo is mostly a neat little turd you can pick up, and then in between you get the wet soft runny stinky ones?i had a pet egyptian goose that I raised and he used to sit on the couch with me and watch TV , but they literally make messy stinky runny ones every 5min. The chooks also sit on the couch with me and my rooster will sit on my shoulder and during a 45min program he'll maybe drop 1 or 2,and you can just pick them up usually.
I KNow..how is this for a discussion??but what can we do??
idunno.gif

I am allergic to cuddling my dogs and cats are even worse, so everything furry is out. and feathery things do **** a lot. and I dont do parrots, they belong in the rainforest, and they are too small to cuddle. I would LOVE to see some pics of you with your emu!!!
This is my emu, she sneaks in the house if the door to the barn is not slammed tight (horse barn is attatched to the house through the mudroom) and if allowed to stay she'll just lay down at my feet next to the couch, you can usually get an hour or so before you have to pick up a poop LOL.

oh my gosh that is SOOO adorable!! my husband wants to kill you right now for giving me ideas!! ;)
Is she an adult or still a baby? how long do they live?
I ve heard they can be really flighty, like horses, but I guess thats if you dont interact with them..
can you hug them?
oh i want a cuddle-emu now!!!
love.gif

Last edited:
and I would want to touch their feet all day long.... I am already obsessed with touching the little soft round pads under my roo's feet when i hold him, like a chicken foot massage!
big_smile.png

oh my gosh that is SOOO adorable!! my husband wants to kill you right now for giving me ideas!! ;)
Is she an adult or still a baby? how long do they live?
I ve heard they can be really flighty, like horses, but I guess thats if you dont interact with them..
can you hug them?
oh i want a cuddle-emu now!!!
love.gif
My Ella is a little over a year old, they live about 30 years.She is the sweetest animal Ive ever had, she knows 3 commands No, Sit and Hugs, when you say "Ella hugs" she pushes her chest against yours and puts her neck over your shoulder.

Brodi - The Emu we had several years ago was super sweet. He would give hugs & if you sat on the ground he would crawl in your lap ( even when he OUTGREW the lap - lol) I miss him.

She knows three commands!! Wow, that’s interesting.

Much shorter lives in the wild, perhaps not much more than ten years.

They get less flighty as you tame them, but they remain flighty. Confined spaces un-nerve the tame-wild birds.

Supreme Emu

Back
Top Bottom