A Support Thread For Those Of Us Living In An Egg-Free Zone

Hey fruity7, casaqueltehue and dwcrwr welcome to the Egg Free Zone!

While the current residents are happy to see you, we totally understand if you are not happy to be here
wink.png

casaqueltehue my little bantam Langshan laid two softies prior to her moult and we nearly lost her as she retained some of the shell on the second one. Anyways, she is good now and the only one currently laying.

I like your plan dwcrwr but I see one flaw if I try that here; I have a penchant for bantams and bantam frizzles and increasing my flock is just going to increase the number of broody’s and bludgers
wink.png

I am so sorry to read of you losses fruity7
sad.png
It is bad enough when we lose our feathered friends to parasites or illness but to have them ripped apart by a predator would be devastating. Touch wood; not something I have had to contend with here.

Love the purple whites!

My bantams are definitely pets and my babies; eggs are simply a bonus.

Well I've now lost my older layer so I need to wait for the silkies to start. But some good news - the chooks on my brothers farm have started laying so I can get real eggs even if they aren't from my chooks

Would one of those many buyers be Todd Pasfield?
Yeah I can understand with the blues. Was more talking about our Wheatens or would that assist in ruining the already rather poor egg quality?

Nope never heard that name Luke. My fw I'm pretty happy with the colour of Luke and sometimes sell some if I have excess.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom