a Turken that lays a green or blue egg?

Hi Laura! What a dumpling! Congratulations!
Hope it's a she and a green-egger. How many more possible Naked Neck chicks? Waiting and waiting...
smile.png

Lisa

I do have one more NN/Turken that hatched, but out of a tinted/cream egg. It has 5 toes on each foot, but not feathered legs... I have 3 more green eggs in the incubator, but I don't think any will hatch. Who knows though. I'm only on day 20, but with my luck, I'm just thrilled that 3 hatched out (the third one has a feathered neck)! I had one more that was zipping but my humidity dropped while I was at work. Now I know for sure that both of my hygrometers are junk. I'm done messing around, and I'm looking for a much better quality hygrometer. I'm having a blast with this hatch!!!

26636_100_3516.jpg

ETA that the third chick was feather-necked!

Last edited:
in a few weeks i might have some interesting photos to share! i just put almost 3 dozen blue auracana eggs in the bator, with a possibility of turkenness!! there were 2 flocks running together, so all the eggs are from auracana hens but could be mixed due to roos of both breeds, lol, im excited (my bf is not, he thinks they are phallic looking, lol).

Last edited:
hey! those are mine! LOL. jk. but i do want them. i love them when they hatch. their heads are all fat and puffy from being in the eggs. haha. i snuggle that little naked neck. i love them so much. im still debating when we will be adding more eggs to the bator. i dont' want to fire up two right now.. moving is such a PITA lol.

This last batch was out of my coop. I lucked out last year - I bought some Turken mix chicks at an auction. I have a Frizzle NN roo and I'm hoping to get some of his offspring to hatch out.

Here are some pics of my Turkens/NNs...
Frizzle Roo:
26636_100_3280.jpg

I already posted pics of this "Amish" hen! LOL!!!
26636_100_3263.jpg

Here is a white hen:
26636_100_3305.jpg

And here is "head" roo, Hugh Heffner sitting with some of his ladies:
26636_100_3318.jpg

At this point I only have one EE, and she's half BO. I have 5 blue egg layers I'll be getting at the end of May.

ETA: Sorry I just noticed that I posted some of these pics before. I guess I'm over-enthusiastic...

Last edited:
i just love everyone's pics. i can't wait to get some of my own.. besides the ones i have already lol. but i want some that lay green or blue! lol.

Is it possible? if it were.. id be buying them all up lol. i don't know anything on genetics but i would love to see if someone can or would want to do it lol. i love turkens and i want to get more green/blue eggs. lol.

I have a brown hen that lays blue eggs and so far she has had a grey one and white chick. And 2 more to hatch

Back
Top Bottom