ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Is this door substantial enough to withstand raccoons trying to pry it open.
Yes. It is a sheet metal plate with holes on the outer edges, like the old printer paper, that a gear rolls open or closed. When closed, the edges of the sheet are all within a channel that won't allow any animal to hook a nail/claw under, so they can't get a grip on it to pry it open. You won't be sorry if you get this door.

For anyone wondering about shipping times, it is much faster than what was seen in the "early days" of this thread. I ordered this past weekend, it shipped today (Tuesday) and it says it should deliver by Saturday. So less than a week total time from order to delivery (theoretically, if it arrives when predicted).

Yes it is quick, ordered Yesterday morning (Memorial Day) so in reality this morning. I received my shipping notice today as well.
When he first started he got swamped fast with orders and component issues, was really scrambling for a few months, but he really stood up and took care of the customers.

I have this door, and love it. Never any problems with operation, and a pretty quick learning curve for my chickens. Even the dumb ones figured it out pretty quick. :lau

Also, I have a cheap battery in it, and it has lasted over a year.

Still love mine !

If you are overly worried about Coons getting in, make sure the door is on the Inside of the Coop, that the door opens into a Run area that is SECURE.
yeah I know Coons can get into a lot of things, but if the Run is secure (apron, wired closed) you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom