all farm animals

8591fb9d376a7a57ed30fa63de63ca3f.jpg

I just add hay or wood chips into crates and they have their nesting boxes.

has anyone had your ducks attacked by a bobcat I have lost 2 of and all of my welsh harlequin ducks and I am worried that the pekins could be next since the welshs and the 2pekin duck are the brightest but bigger than the weshs I also have 2 black Swedish duck

i am just concerned i don't really want to change the fence as i am more wanting to catch it and count my losses espeacially since the 4 that are left 1 is crested and 1 pekins wing was broke from birth ( it wasn't as noticeable when i first showed it in 4-h but now that it is me and my dad think its wing was broke from birth or shipping as we did not break it ) but since the predetor got my best pair i have sorta claimed war on it since i wont show the others but i do want the eggs and would maybe like to breed so i kinda wanna stop counting my losses

any info on bobcat attacks would be helpful my and my dad have 97% ruled out a coon (we have had lots of coon problems over the years) and fox is still a possibility although i found some fur with very little hid still attached on the fur that looks like bobcat but i found some prints i have never seen before

any info will help!!!!!

has anyone had your ducks attacked by a bobcat I have lost 2 of and all of my welsh harlequin ducks and I am worried that the pekins could be next since the welshs and the 2pekin duck are the brightest but bigger than the weshs I also have 2 black Swedish duck

i am just concerned i don't really want to change the fence as i am more wanting to catch it and count my losses espeacially since the 4 that are left 1 is crested and 1 pekins wing was broke from birth ( it wasn't as noticeable when i first showed it in 4-h but now that it is me and my dad think its wing was broke from birth or shipping as we did not break it ) but since the predetor got my best pair i have sorta claimed war on it since i wont show the others but i do want the eggs and would maybe like to breed so i kinda wanna stop counting my losses

any info on bobcat attacks would be helpful my and my dad have 97% ruled out a coon (we have had lots of coon problems over the years) and fox is still a possibility although i found some fur with very little hid still attached on the fur that looks like bobcat but i found some prints i have never seen before

any info will help!!!!!

Yikes I'm sorry for your loss. What I heard helps with coyotes and maybe bobcats is to spray their urine around the property so they think it is another bobcat's territory. The scent is unnoticeable to humans so it doesn't smell or anything. http://www.predatorpee.com

Last edited:
We dont have problems with bobcat r coyoates but we have a few friends that do n they soak sponges cut into kinda of small squares in old cooking oil n feed them they can't poop it out n kills them I know it sounds mean but they have a really bad problem n was lossing ever baby calf goat sheep they had born plus ducks chickens turkeys geese they had

Last edited:
We dent have problems with bobcat r coyoates but we have a few friends that do n they soak sponges cut into kinda of small squares in old cooking oil n feed them they can't poop it out n kills them I know it sounds mean but they have a really bad problem n was flossing ever baby calf goat sheep they had born plus ducks chickens turkeys geese they had

don't sound mean I mean if you cant shoot it or trap it and its getting there livestock what else you gonna do

Though you may get one that is willing to challenge and that might make them enter the territory too.

well now we think it may be a fox so I have put my ducks up except I cracked the door so that there smell may invite it out there and I put a duck egg and ham out there , doubt the ham will do anything but I am willing to try and discovered a while back it likes the eggs and I put a light outside and this is day 2 of watching I was just listening to if the dogs or ducks start barking or quacking
but my sister let the dog out today and threw the wings of the 2nd duck that the dog found in the woods along with the ham and eggs so I had to put new out which has my scent on it

it had seemed like every 2-3 dyas it comes back which is enough time for it to get used to my scent or for it to kinda wear-off

at this point since its not a coon I kinda want to see it and kill it if I can

Back
Top Bottom