all farm animals

Will do. I know my cow Granite's Promise breaks the rules on when cattle ovulate for the first time. For Gelbviehs it's supposedly 330 day ( about 11 months). She calved when she was 14 months old. So she was pregnant when she was 5 months old or she was only pregnant for 3 months. The calf's name is Surprise. Surprise is only 11 months old and she seemed to like the bull faster than we thought. My cattle line is very fertile.
This is Granite now, she's already 7 months pregnant according to the vet when he preg checked her

so how old was she when she got bred?

got my greenhand degree today and we all dyed our hands!!! so happy I just hope I can continue to be in ffa all 4yrs

Congrats on earning your Greenhand Degree
clap.gif
!! Our FFA chapter's degree ceremony isn't until the end of April, except for the kids who earned their State Degree & will be getting those in 2 weeks at our State Leadership Conference. I hope you can continue with FFA too
fl.gif
. It's so much fun!

so how old was she when she got bred?

She would've been bred when she was 5 months old to have her first calf at 14 months of age. We put her in with the bull in September and she is suppose to calf in May. She is more fertile than any of other cows. Most of the time we have to put our cows to be bred for a 2nd time in with the bull twice.
Quote:

got my greenhand degree today and we all dyed our hands!!! so happy I just hope I can continue to be in ffa all 4yrs

Congrats on your Greenhand Degree! It's exciting when you can move up in degrees one after the other. For our Greenhand we put green paint on our hands and put them on a banner and sign our hands. Chapter degree we don't do anything special. This year though us 6 State degree kids get to put our hand in Gold paint and put it on the garage door of our shop. It's amazing getting your State degree. If you get your Chapter degree next year then you get two years to get your State degree if you don't get it your first year. Our chapter had 7 people try to get their State degree but only 6 of us got it. I can't wait for SLC to get my State Degree pin. I already got the chain just need the pin.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom