All things Vintage thread - Antiques, music & more!

I know nothing of typewriters, but I would LOVE to see those bottles sometime if you ever want to share!
Here's a couple I pulled out. I know nothing about bottles. I didn't go too deep in the boxes as these sit outside and there looks like there's plenty of spiders living in them 😅
I gave them a rinse on the outside so you can see them but I don't have anything to clean inside them.
20231018_165708.jpg

20231018_165830.jpg
20231018_165728.jpg

You've kinda got me interested in what we have now :rolleyes: Maybe I'll clean some out at some point.

Here's a couple I pulled out. I know nothing about bottles. I didn't go too deep in the boxes as these sit outside and there looks like there's plenty of spiders living in them 😅
I gave them a rinse on the outside so you can see them but I don't have anything to clean inside them.
View attachment 3662113
View attachment 3662115 View attachment 3662116
You've kinda got me interested in what we have now :rolleyes: Maybe I'll clean some out at some point.
Oh man those are awesome! Old pharmacy/medicine bottles. Turn of the century, I suspect since there are some screw top and cork tops. Very cool! Would love to see more if you ever get a wild hair to pull them out. How fun to have found these on an old family property!

View attachment 3662113
View attachment 3662115 View attachment 3662116
And an easy way to clean the inside is with some sand and warm water, gently shake. Helps get them squeaky clean!

I made a shirt from a 1940 vintage pattern - first ever! I’m trying to make my own clothes, first because I love vintage and second because my favorite clothes aren’t made anymore :(.
Ah that is so cool, good job 👏 you are so talented! I could never be that creative. Keep showing us the clothes you make!
That’s wonderful! I wish my family would do that but they’re not into antiques/vintage at all.
Oh antiques and vintage items are my family’s specialty! My dads Xmas list was “anything old or old pop bottles”, I told him I was going to gift him my old crabby weiner dog if he didn’t give us more ideas 😂

Back
Top Bottom