Am I Being Unforgiving?

Quote:
Oh I have come right out and told her I do not want to see him. She gets all dramatic and starts crying; she does not care about our feelings, only her and my uncle's.
sad.png
Even though we have told her multiple times that we don't want to socialize with him, every year she pulls this crap...
rant.gif
It doesn't seem to sink into her brain that we all don't think my uncle is just *wonderful*.
idunno.gif

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, experiences and insight.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Oh I have come right out and told her I do not want to see him. She gets all dramatic and starts crying; she does not care about our feelings, only her and my uncle's.
sad.png
Even though we have told her multiple times that we don't want to socialize with him, every year she pulls this crap...
rant.gif
It doesn't seem to sink into her brain that we all don't think my uncle is just *wonderful*.
idunno.gif

hugs.gif

When Grandma starts crying, very bluntly say something like, "Grandma! Uncle tried to KILL my mother! How do you think that makes US feel? How about OUR feelings?! How about YOUR DAUGHTER'S feelings?! I am sorry that your family is not the perfect family you want, but there is nothing you can do now to change it."

Quote:
sad.png
rant.gif
idunno.gif

hugs.gif

When Grandma starts crying, very bluntly say something like, "Grandma! Uncle tried to KILL my mother! How do you think that makes US feel? How about OUR feelings?! How about YOUR DAUGHTER'S feelings?! I am sorry that your family is not the perfect family you want, but there is nothing you can do now to change it."

thumbsup.gif

I wouldn't be going. Christmas is about spending time with family you want to see, not being obligated to spend your time with toxic individuals. I agree with PP just keeping repeating that you're sorry to upset, but you wont be able to make it. Simple.

Good luck!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom