Ameraucana Projects Thread

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

Is there anyone working on Red Pyle Ameraucana? I saw a post somewhere on BYC that someone was, just wondering how that was going.

Is there anyone working on Red Pyle Ameraucana? I saw a post somewhere on BYC that someone was, just wondering how that was going.

I saw someone mention that they had seen Red Pyle "Americanas" on ebay. I think they were advertising them as "snow and fire"? Or something strange like that... Not sure how pure they are, or even if they are the correct gene sequence for true Red Pyle, but it could be worth checking out...

I saw someone mention that they had seen Red Pyle "Americanas" on ebay. I think they were advertising them as "snow and fire"? Or something strange like that... Not sure how pure they are, or even if they are the correct gene sequence for true Red Pyle, but it could be worth checking out...

I think I saw those. They aren't really Pyle. They are those common type that are coming out if a lot of the hatcheries. I've got some like those. If you can find ( I've only seen hens) a rooster like them I think they would breed mostly true. They are some kind of Splash Blue Wheaten.

Been going thru this thread looking for someone that is working on blue lacing...I'm wanting to start a blue silver Ameraucana project and would like to use true lacing if someone already has it in Ameraucana. Anyone willing to share their progress??? Thanks...

I thought blue's were blue laced... A blue Amerucana should have darker blue lacing on the feathers.... I'm working on a blue laced gold personally. This a closeup on one of the boys wings.. Still have a ways to go, but... His dad was gorgeous!

I thought blue's were blue laced... A blue Amerucana should have darker blue lacing on the feathers.... I'm working on a blue laced gold personally. This a closeup on one of the boys wings.. Still have a ways to go, but... His dad was gorgeous!
what passes for lacing is actually edging...it is different...if you pull a feather, you will see that the outside edge is almost clear where lacing is a dark line around the edge...think silver laced Wyandotte...I have seen a lot of blue Ams, but never seen one with true lacing...

Back
Top Bottom