Ameraucana Projects Thread

what passes for lacing is actually edging...it is different...if you pull a feather, you will see that the outside edge is almost clear where lacing is a dark line around the edge...think silver laced Wyandotte...I have seen a lot of blue Ams, but never seen one with true lacing...

There are a few in bantam . Mike Gilbert developed some in bantam . He sold them but they are still being bred . Jerry DeSchmitt of Wi has some I believe . Someone is surely crossing these to large fowl by now . Easier than the Blue Andalusian cross .

There are a few in bantam . Mike Gilbert developed some in bantam . He sold them but they are still being bred . Jerry DeSchmitt of Wi has some I believe . Someone is surely crossing these to large fowl by now . Easier than the Blue Andalusian cross .
Someone on BYC was in the 3rd generation with Wyandottes.. posted on the Amer thread last year. I think she was in Pa????Sounded very knowledgeable about what she was doing but would not release birds or eggs yet...I'll have to go back thru the whole thread maybe...lol
or go to one of the Ameraucana clubs and ask...thanks Jerry

Here are the lavender cuckoo and cuckoo chicks . Sired by 2 lavender cuckoo cocks over lavender split hens . A small early hatch . It is hard to collect eggs quick enough for hatching with the weather we have had.

How's everyone's projects going?

Candling next week to check development. I am crossing a barred cockerel to a pure black Ameraucana pullet. He is single gene of barring so only half of the resulting chicks will(theoretically) be barred. Hoping my pullet is homozygous for bearded gene we will see. The cockerel I lost last winter I think was but either the snow or a predator got him before I could breed him. He was a good dude too...

Are you the optimist on FB?

Yep! I'm super excited about this project! I'm planning to start out with two separate lines of F1s. That will add genetic diversity as well as quantity for hatching out as many eggs as possible.
I've also got chicks for a three-generation project of Isabel Laced Orpingtons (and EEs). I've already hatched an ER based Lav Am to use in that project, which will save me a TON of culls...

P.S. I know there's a bit of disconnect from my profile pic here and the charming, wholesome family of six on my fb profile... ;)

Back
Top Bottom