America Got Rick Roll'd!~

LittleYellowOne

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Harford County, Maryland
Anyone else watch the Macy's Parade today? Or rather "yesterday" now~ It was pretty much the most epic thing I've ever seen.

When Rick Astley burst outta the Foster's float, my siblings and I about fell off the couch laughing our bums off!

Yay for Macy's for staying on top of pop-culture!

And yay to them for managing to Rick Roll nearly the whole country!~
lol.png

Last edited:
He was a singer in the 80's, only popular for one song, but like kinnip said, he didn't even write it~ The song is "Never Gonna Give You Up", and it's rather catchy~

Anyways, it's an internet "fad" if you will; you give someone a link to something, but when they click on it, instead of it being what they thought, it takes them to a video of Rick Astley singing that song.

Example: Check out what these crazy chickens are doing!~

It's a popular practical joke between the 15-25 year old crowd~ My writing teacher in highschool was Rick Roll'd quite a few times in class~

It also doesn't have to be on the internet, as shown during the parade yesterday.

Macy's Parade dun got Rick Roll'd! Observe~

ETA: Stolen from Wikipedia- "Rickrolling is an Internet meme involving the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up". The meme is a bait and switch: a person provides a Web link they claim is relevant to the topic at hand, but the link actually takes the user to the Astley video. The URL can be masked or obfuscated in some manner so that the user cannot determine the true source of the link without clicking (and thus satisfying their curiosity). When a person clicks on the link given and is led to the web page he/she is said to have been 'Rickrolled'. By extension, it can also mean playing the song loudly in public in order to be disruptive."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom