American serama thread!

It happens, we do things a little different here then most folks do. I give them alot of freedom, sometimes it isn't so free.... The hawks sometimes get lucky or one may get injured and need to be put down or some just randomly drop off for no apparent reason. it's tough but its all a part of it I guess
smile.png

Quote:
I have kind of scrapped my whole serama project, there is no demand for them here and it's hard to place them in homes that will give them a heat source for our cold winters so it just doesn't make sense to breed them then be stuck housing them all when most of my hatches have been 90% or more roosters
th.gif
I decided to keep the seramas I have and just enjoy them and of course oogle everyone elses bird pics
tongue.png

I have a little broody ... But eggs are not fertile , not sure what to do with her . I gave her a bantam Cochin egg , but not sure I wanna deal with a single chick & don't think she can handle 2 babies .. I just might go take em both from her & hope by spring her eggs will be ready to become babies .. My little roo is only 3 mths old & just started crowing .

I KNOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT HERE GOES, TO ALL MY SERAMA FRIENDS; A gal from Lakewood Ohio is fighting the good fight to get a pilot program going to allow a maximum of 6 hens per property in her city. The City Hall is sayin; smelly, dirty, lower property values.....that sort of ignorant stuff. She would like to be able to show pictures of peoples backyard coops/runs. If you guys would be so kind as to forward any info to her, you would really be a good egg.
The BYC member asking for help is; Tootie23

And this is the article from their local paper on the subject.
http://lakewood-oh.patch.com/articl...ruffling-some-feathers?ncid=following_comment

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
bow.gif
love.gif

I have friends in Milford Center, Ohio, who also want 6 hens. Nobody has told them no yet, but they are waiting to get a definate yes before going ahead. If they work up any formal presentation, I'll see if I can get you a copy of it. One of them even joined the city council to help his cause, and he loves it!

BTW, I keep about 25 Seramas in town (tiny town), and I had no problems. I'm sure people complain behind my back, but the birds stay on my property, are not loud, and it only smells bad on hot days inside my garage. They play outside whenever I'm home. My closest neighbors love them; old Ruthie almost stopped talking to me when I sold my first rooster!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom