American serama thread!

So stinking cute! I can't wait to get some after we get moved (which should be within a couple of months). I have heard that they are harder to hatch than other types of chickens and I don't know if I waant heartache of failure right off the bat. Anyone know where we can get live chicks. We are in Missouri.

Where are you in Missouri? I often have chicks. I'm in Kansas.

i saw a Malaysian serama thread, but no American! since 99.99 % of the serama in the USA is really American! i am very happy to see pics of them, and do chocolate  seramas breed true?

WOW this thread lives! i thought it died out, but nope, it lives, WOOT!
i saw a Malaysian serama thread, but no American! since 99.99 % of the serama in the USA is really American! i am very happy to see pics of them, and do chocolate  seramas breed true?

WOW this thread lives! i thought it died out, but nope, it lives, WOOT!

I have one rooster. (Had two but His buddy disappeared) I am wanting to get more. He has feathers that are more like hair but not frizzled. Can anyone tell me this particular kind.

Hello We are in the infancy stages of developing a Western Canada leg to the Serama Council of North America. We are hoping to make the Serama not only a household name but pet as well. We are also hoping to bring sanctioned shows and competitions here to British Columbia.This is very exciting time for our family to be part of this beautiful unique and historical birds pioneering into The Great White North! Maybe we can get a new color established along side the white American Serama and we wont have to use the same old line "Canadas only breed" as the selling feature for the poor Chantecler lol

"Color of Male and Female for In Coop Judging
American Serama ABA/APA Accepted Colors for In Coop judging only. American Standard description applies. As of January 1, 2014 only the white Serama have been accepted. Applications have been submitted to APA/ABA to also recognize: Wheaten, Exchequer, and Black seramas but this has not yet been approved."

Also looking forward tothe next 40 Serama Eggs hatching out of our Incuview!

Awesome to hear of Serama in Canada! I want to work toward promoting Serama as excellent pets here in the states, too, so I will be watching what you do! They are a much better choice of bird than the time and care intensive parrot species most people aren't equipped to keep properly.

My lone hatcher is doing well, his feathers are coming in! 1 week and 3 days old.

Hello We are in the infancy stages of developing a Western Canada leg to the Serama Council of North America. We are hoping to make the Serama not only a household name but pet as well. We are also hoping to bring sanctioned shows and competitions here to British Columbia.This is very exciting time for our family to be part of this beautiful unique and historical birds pioneering into The Great White North! Maybe we can get a new color established along side the white American Serama and we wont have to use the same old line "Canadas only breed" as the selling feature for the poor Chantecler lol

"Color of Male and Female for In Coop Judging
American Serama ABA/APA Accepted Colors for In Coop judging only. American Standard description applies. As of January 1, 2014 only the white Serama have been accepted. Applications have been submitted to APA/ABA to also recognize: Wheaten, Exchequer, and Black seramas but this has not yet been approved."

Also looking forward tothe next 40 Serama Eggs hatching out of our Incuview!

Applications have been filed for a number of colors which are coming up for acceptance in 2015-2017. Check on the SCNA website for more specifics. Remember, any color can be shown table top because table top is COLOR BLIND no matter the sanctioning of the show. Color acceptance only applies to in cage judging.

@ocseramas I totally forgot the tabletop stuff which Canada here is totally Virgin! We are trying to figure a method of being taught how to teach our birds. Well first we gotta learn it then teach it then get the competitions going. Yes the Serama culture is the maoin reason we signed up for this. Dont get us wrong we respect the APA and the magnificent job they have done over the years to preserve our heritage breeds but bro there is SOOOO much more to the Serama then just white. Hope I didnt offend brother! ;-) Ironically... I am actually colorblind lol

My Seramas hatched out some babies a couple of weeks ago. The dad is frizzled and the moms are smooth.
Out of five chicks, there is one frizzle. I don't know how to sex the chicks, so if anyone has any tips I'm open to them, LOL.

This was an unplanned hatching- I had been out of town. When I returned, I saw little fuzzballs running around. It was very hot, and one of the chicks didn't make it. I put the remaining five indoors in a brooder, where they've now bonded with me. Anyway, I just wanted to share this photo with you and to get advice on how to determine gender of these little guys. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom