American serama thread!

I currently have my 4 juvenile seramas with sultan chicks that are a bit younger but of the same size. At first the sultans picked on them a little but it seems to have calmed down. 1 serama integrated into the sultan flock while the roo and 2 other pullets have stayed in their own little flock.

I'm allowing them to free range a little and they are staying close to heavy cover (my front flower border). I hate having to confine them, but it's hawk season right now.

I currently have my 4 juvenile seramas with sultan chicks that are a bit younger but of the same size. At first the sultans picked on them a little but it seems to have calmed down. 1 serama integrated into the sultan flock while the roo and 2 other pullets have stayed in their own little flock.

I'm allowing them to free range a little and they are staying close to heavy cover (my front flower border). I hate having to confine them, but it's hawk season right now.
Here in Tennessee it's always hawk season, or so it seems. My wife lets a couple of her bigger birds run around the yard, but my little serama remain penned for their own safety. Some of my serama are less than 10 ounces; food for the taking that any size predator will grab.

My little guy has lots of spunk. In May 2016, he managed to survive a bear attack. He is my main man. His name is Specks.

I think seramas are a great breed.
I own a pair,and plan to breed them and plan to buy more at some future point when I have better pens,

Edited by Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all! I am loving reading about everyone's seramas and seeing their pictures! I am actually looking into getting some, however I live in Wrangell Alaska so that has turned out to be much harder than I expected, since most will not ship here. I haven't tried eggs yet, I read that they do not ship well, does anyone have experience with buying eggs online having them shipped and hatching them? I have ayam cemanis, barred rocks, salmon flaverolle, easter eggers and roadisland reds. looking forward to hearing from you all! :)
Stephen

Hello all! I am loving reading about everyone's seramas and seeing their pictures! I am actually looking into getting some, however I live in Wrangell Alaska so that has turned out to be much harder than I expected, since most will not ship here. I haven't tried eggs yet, I read that they do not ship well, does anyone have experience with buying eggs online having them shipped and hatching them? I have ayam cemanis, barred rocks, salmon flaverolle, easter eggers and roadisland reds. looking forward to hearing from you all! :)
Stephen
Serama eggs are more difficult to hatch in general. I can not put finger on it. I have hatched large quantities of both shipped and non-shipped eggs. My best advice to getting shipped eggs would be to get them from a place closest to you during the most stable weather and pick them up at the post office if at all possible. (all no brainers). good luck and wishing you the best. they are a great breed. Just wondering your temp there-mine do not do well in anything under 40 degrees so they are in a heated building year round.

Stephen
and welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif

Stephen

U can contact Castle Delight Seramas. She lives in either Oregon or Washington state (I forgot) SO she is MUCH closer to you. I would seriously wait till the weather is warmer so they do not freeze ontheir trip to you. She is also on BYC. She sells pet quality/fun quality birdies :love :jumpy
https://www.facebook.com/CastleDelightSeramas/

Back
Top Bottom