American serama thread!

Well darnit. I came home to find the little serama that hatched under my bantam cochin last month dead in the run. Didn’t look like any damage, pecking or anything. It’s butt was a little pasty. I know none of the other chickens in that pen were messing with it. Momma looked sad. :(

Well darnit. I came home to find the little serama that hatched under my bantam cochin last month dead in the run. Didn’t look like any damage, pecking or anything. It’s butt was a little pasty. I know none of the other chickens in that pen were messing with it. Momma looked sad. :(
How heartbreaking... Sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. I hope your mama hen recovers from her depression.

My 2 seramas are one week old. They're doing good. (I now see them hopping on top of their rainbow-tiger-stuffed-toy-mama - just like chicks do with their real feathered mamas.) I was going to take it out of the brooder, but I don't dare. My kids are older & I no longer have infants in the house. I can enjoy uninterrupted sleep at night.

Here are some pics from a few min ago:

IMG_2830.JPG IMG_2835.JPG IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2850.JPG IMG_2848.JPG

Back
Top Bottom