Ancona Chicken Thread

BUMP
pop.gif

here are some of my little ones they are 2 months
38176_cowgirl_009.jpg

I crossed a leg horn with an Ancona and this is what i got i really like him
38176_cowgirl_010.jpg

Last edited:
How soon can you tell who's male and female? I've got 6, 2 are looking rather boyish in the combs (larger and redder than the others). A couple are most definitely pullets, but then there are 1 or 2 kinda in the middle. Anything else I can look for besides combs?

eta: I really like those Leghorn/Ancona crosses - beautiful!

Last edited:
Quote:
I just go by the combs, I haven't found any ather way to tell butat around 4 weeks old you can star to tell them apart, here are two pics of a pullet and a roo they are over 3 months

Roo

38176_anconas_018.jpg

Pullet

38176_anconas_017.jpg

Thanks for the Pictures Nava. I have one Ancona (Annie) pullet about 6 weeks old now, and she is just the sweetest thing with such a gentle personality, I really really like this breed. I am surprised more don't own them.
Whenever anyone comes to my house they always ask about the beautiful black and white ancona (I have over 30 chickens).

Quote:
that is a really nice hen
love.gif

MRS Fluffy if you look at the 1st post you can see the pics of Ancona chicks

Mary, I think that they are about the same I have both and they all lay really good, I think that the only difference is the color, Ohh and a friend of mine says that to make a certain Italian dish you can only use Ancona eggs, otherwise it won't taste the same, so that could be the other difference
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom