Ancona Ducks

What is the temperament of Ancona Ducks? I currently have a few saxony and silver appleyards and am looking to add a few anconas and cayugas. My saxony and silver appleyards are beautiful but skittish. We got them as day old chicks and raised 'em up but they look at us like we are giant monsters every time. I'm wondering if anona's are noisy and skittish. Next batch of ducklings I'm going to hold them more and see what happens. 

We held are Anconas a lot as babies and got them the day the hatched and they still run from us. I still pick them up and hold them, which they mildly tolerate. They are amazing foragers. We have watched one of are anconas chase down and eat mosquitos and flys.

Our flock of Anconas laid eggs throughout the winter last year and the year before. This year they stopped laying almost 2 months ago. Is this normal? Do they usually lay throughout the winter? Our ducks are 2 1/2 years old.

Our flock of Anconas laid eggs throughout the winter last year and the year before.  This year they stopped laying almost 2 months ago.  Is this normal?  Do they usually lay throughout the winter?  Our ducks are 2 1/2 years old.
ours are actually laying all winter so far this winter. In year past it seemed we hit a lull of no eggs from them about mid November till mid january. This year they have laid straight through so far. Do you have lights over them? Have you changed anything with their diet since last year? Are they molting? Is the weather extremely different from previous years?

I am hatching Anconas now. This is our first time hatching. Looking forward to it! They are due to hatch right before Christmas.

Hi ya, I am a small breeder located in MS in search of some more stock. We have 2 drakes (related) and 2 hens (One hen is related to the younger drake being his mother) and I am in search of a couple more hens to add to our flock for blood diversity.

Hello. Does anyone ship day olds? I've been researching and drooling over these guys for more than a year now.

I've seen only hatching eggs advertised for shipping. Or a couple hatchery's with only black babies. I'm hoping for a rainbow of colors. And I've never hatched before. I'm in MI. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom