Ancona Ducks

@learycow@minihorse927
Hi RavynFallen said you both might be able to help with my 8 ancona ducklings? They are 4 weeks old and all had pink beaks. Now all have turned tan except one. They one with the pink is for sure a female and has started quacking. Does the color of the beak have anything to do with the gender? I'm worried I may have 7 drakes.. :(

@learycow@minihorse927
Hi RavynFallen said you both might be able to help with my 8 ancona ducklings? They are 4 weeks old and all had pink beaks. Now all have turned tan except one. They one with the pink is for sure a female and has started quacking. Does the color of the beak have anything to do with the gender? I'm worried I may have 7 drakes.. :(

Bill color doesn't determine gender.
4 weeks is still too young to tell males from females so there's still hope you have more than one female :)

After reading all about this wonderful breed on this thread, I decieded that I would really love some. But now I've just discovered, despite the fact that they are from the UK there aren't any in the UK! :hit

@jenniferlamar70, give them a solid 8 week before judging. Sometimes I've had some sqeauky ones I swear are makes suddenly develop a solid quack at the last minute. Usually 6 weeks is a good time frame but don't wrote them off till 8. I wouldn't get too worried yet. Some will start to change voices as early as 4 weeks as your one has.

@jenniferlamar70, give them a solid 8 week before judging. Sometimes I've had some sqeauky ones I swear are makes suddenly develop a solid quack at the last minute. Usually 6 weeks is a good time frame but don't wrote them off till 8. I wouldn't get too worried yet. Some will start to change voices as early as 4 weeks as your one has.

Thank you I'll wait until 8 weeks for sure then. I want to keep as many as I can. Definitely feel bonded after hatching them. :)

Back
Top Bottom