Ancona Ducks

This is a open question to anyone that can answer it. I have a anacona drake with my two hens right now and he keeps making this weird deep rusty door hinge noise after curling his head down and back up (he looks like me after I eat really spicy sausage). Is this just him showing off for the girls like the "rooster dance" Or is he sick? It would be helpful to know before I cull by two extra drakes.

Do you mean like him bobbing his head and neck up and down? My drake does that and then Ana (are duck) mimics it. Then he makes this noise and she does this low short quack.

what happened?

I put my incubator in a room with many windows... and then we had a beautiful sunny fall day while I was at church.... and cooked everything at 110 degrees or so. I left them in a few more days (and cooled everything down) but when I candled, there was nothing.

The wait is over! Are first egg was just laid!
1f601.png

ISO Ancona Ducks for my 4H daughter! She has done quite a bit of research, and has her heart set on a pair of these! We are in southern Mississippi if anyone has a pair or ducklings, etc... thank you!

My first set of ducks started laying at 5 months. The first set I hatched started laying today, at 3 months2weeks! (they are my first hatch, so I'm positive about their age) That really sounds strange to me? I just don't know? Anyone else have them to start laying this early?

Back
Top Bottom