Ancona Ducks

I have two Ancona ducklings that live with my mixed breed chicken flock. They are about a month old. Their wing feathers-primaries and secondaries-are starting to come in. The flesh around the feather shafts looks raw and meaty. There is some blood on feathers, too. I'm wondering if this is within the norm for feathering difficulties, or if perhaps they are getting pecked.

i would bet they are getting pecked at unless they where raised together from a young age they don't do that well together. i would sit with them for a few hours and see if the aren't getting along because chickens flock to any type of injury making a small one big in no time. but a little blood on new feathers is OK as long as it doesn't become a lot of blood i would get some blue Cote if the injury gets bad if possible. it will keep the chickens off it while it heals

Paris, Ohio...between Minerva & Alliance.
were these the calls from me?

No, drake was from a breeder out of state & hen came from a swap meet at Mt Hope last summer. Both are good breeder quality.
@LacrystolPM me if you are interested in them. I only have the 1 pair left on calls, and a pair of pilgrims. Also have a trio of blue slates & an extra royal palm hen if interested. I can text pix, but my cell isn't letting me upload to BYC for some reason.

No, drake was from a breeder out of state & hen came from a swap meet at Mt Hope last summer. Both are good breeder quality.
@LacrystolPM me if you are interested in them. I only have the 1 pair left on calls, and a pair of pilgrims. Also have a trio of blue slates & an extra royal palm hen if interested. I can text pix, but my cell isn't letting me upload to BYC for some reason.

I'm very interested and I already pm you!!! Talk to me!!! Ahhh I'm so excited..

I am looking to rehome 2 drakes and one female Anacona Duck. They were my daughters home school project last year. She hatched them last spring, they have been free ranging, and supplemented with Organic feed. Would like them to go to a good home, not for butcher. I live in the South King County area, willing to transport them in a 3 hour range.

Back
Top Bottom