Ancona Ducks

Pics
Thanks for the advice, I am in the midst of trying to figure out color genetics on rabbits and ducks, and it is driving me nuts...I am just going to let everyone have at it and see what happens!

Just sent in my order to Sand Hill Preservation for 5 Ancona ducklings! Hopefully I'll get some nice colorations out of those.

If I can manage to arrange hatching eggs when I have some broodies then I will be good to go. Living off grid we have to do things the ol' fashion way!

Not pics of ducklings, but I snapped a couple pics of the adults. I have two young drakes I need to sell so I needed pics anyway.
chocolate Hen
black drake with his black hens
Young black drakes
Chocolate hens with young black drakes in the back ground
group shot ( trio of chocolates and 3 young black drakes)
Good Luck! I can't speak for everyone else, but I am waiting for pictures.
caf.gif
I know it will be a while, but that is VERY exciting.

Out of the 30 eggs I had set in my incubator only 1 was not fertile, so pretty good fertility rate going on with my anconas. I've got 3 ducklings that will be hatching out this week and about 25 due to hatch in a few more weeks. Hoping I got my incubator all fixed up when I made the thermostat adjustments and all seems to be good since it's staying between 99 and 100 degrees all the time. Before I was getting a range of 97-102 so deffinately have made some improvments by drilling holes in that hot water heater thermostat. humidity has been great and I can't wait to start hearing some peepers.

My incubator is full full full and the eggs have had outstanding fertility so I'm offering up some eggs on Ebay if anyone is interested in getting some.

Last edited:
HEY are Anconas
large breed
by that i mean like swedish size not KC or Rouen size ive noticed my sweds are almost twice the size of my girlfriends KC..
and i would like to add Anconas to my flock but i dont like how small those are not as small as calls but you know
DOES ANY ONE GET WHAT IM SAYING??

Out of the 30 eggs I had set in my incubator only 1 was not fertile, so pretty good fertility rate going on with my anconas. I've got 3 ducklings that will be hatching out this week and about 25 due to hatch in a few more weeks. Hoping I got my incubator all fixed up when I made the thermostat adjustments and all seems to be good since it's staying between 99 and 100 degrees all the time. Before I was getting a range of 97-102 so deffinately have made some improvments by drilling holes in that hot water heater thermostat. humidity has been great and I can't wait to start hearing some peepers.

My incubator is full full full and the eggs have had outstanding fertility so I'm offering up some eggs on Ebay if anyone is interested in getting some.

I saw those! I going to email you direct when I'm ready. I'm in Lee's Summit, so I'll just drive over and get some!

Actually, I might just buy a few babies from you and save myself the heartache... or headache.. or both.

Last edited:
Yeah, just let me know when your ready. I've got a bunch of eggs in the bator now, so as long as everything goes okay I should have some babies soon.

I saw those! I going to email you direct when I'm ready. I'm in Lee's Summit, so I'll just drive over and get some!

Actually, I might just buy a few babies from you and save myself the heartache... or headache.. or both.

Back
Top Bottom