Ancona Ducks

Pics
So jealous of all your eggs. But, it was still light when I went for my monthly TSC run tonight at 5!!! Amazing. I can't remember the last time that was true.
Maybe the gals will start laying soon.

I will be down to 2 Ancona girls and 1 lucky Ancona drake:(

Decided to (hopefully) rehome the all white girl, just don't want to perpetuate that trait in my flock & one of the other girls has a leg that just won't heal. Bummed.

I have 5 more ducklings coming from Sandhill in April. & pending broody hen status hope to get some hatching eggs from AuroraSprings. I am wondering if how much energy a Brisnea incubator uses. Living off grid we have to be frugal with our energy use, but summer time = more sun = more energy to use.

I love all those different colored eggs, they are like the easter eggers of the duck world!

How do Ancona color genetics work? I think I'm going to get some from Boondocker's this spring.

Sorry if this was already stated and I missed it.

Quote: OOOH!!! I was waiting to hear that news. I checked yesterday, but no eggs. They have been hiding in the cedar though. I will peek around in the cedar before I let them out today.

Yeehaw!

Those of you who have ordered from Boondockers - have you gotten confirmation from them yet?

Last edited:
OOOH!!! I was waiting to hear that news. I checked yesterday, but no eggs. They have been hiding in the cedar though. I will peek around in the cedar before I let them out today.

Yeehaw!

Those of you who have ordered from Boondockers - have you gotten confirmation from them yet?

I emailed them a while ago trying to set up an order since I have a credit from last season to use but I have not heard a word :(

I have a drake over load. My solid white just developed drake feathers.
I really only want one but four is just not going to work with our little flock of eight.
Should I sell them off as pets since all my boys are calm and friendly or is some one interested in drakes from Boondockers lines.
The saxony in front then the four boys behind her and to the left. The black drake has black toes :)

Wyckford a deep brown drake.

Back
Top Bottom