And now...the run....

Good Stuff!!
Are they going in to roost in the coop on their own after their day of play in the run?

Love the kickstand!
What's the purpose of the landscape timbers at the juncture of the walls and the aprons?

Good Stuff!!
Are they going in to roost in the coop on their own after their day of play in the run?

Love the kickstand!

What's the purpose of the landscape timbers at the juncture of the walls and the aprons?

I think they will go in on their own. We've been letting them out every evening and they've gone in with no issue.

The kickstand is a handy little deal.

The apron is not attached to the fence pickets. The timbers and the series of 12" spikes driven through the timbers are what is securing the wire at the base of the fence.

Thank you!! Seems like a long commute.
Oh, I wouldn't let you leave LOL (sorry, don't mean to sound like the main character in Misery, it's just I have such trouble making decisions as to how to go about things, let alone getting on and doing them, I'd love to have somebody who knows how to do things so well on my "team". )

That's awesome that you are done! I may copy your door kickstand. And I think they will love the tree ring dust bath, at the very least for something to jump up and down from! Now, when do they get to go out into the big yard???

how did you attach the 2x4s running horizontally to the 4x4s?   Looks Great too

All the horizontal members (2x6's upper and lower and 2x4's center) are attached with pocket screws. The 2x6 to 4x4 connections are reinforced with vertical 2x4's notched to accept the horizontal 2x's. The vertical 2x4's are doubled.

Here's the connection of the 2x6's to the vertical 4x4's.

In between the 4x4's there are vertical double 2x4's. Here's that connection.

Lower.

Overview of the vertical to horizontal connections.

Back
Top Bottom