Angel Babies Summer Block Swap--SIGNUP DEADLINE 6-20-11

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
How about some summer fun??!! These blocks aren't due until October so you have plenty of time to work on them! You get to decorate them just about any way you want. Buttons, sequins, etc........... Have fun with it!! These would make great Holiday gifts!!

This swap is based on the Angel Babies blocks @ fatcatspatterns http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/PDFs/2007_Angelbabies.pdf

Fabric: All fabrics used should be 100% cotton, very nice quality quilt appropriate fabrics. No flimsy fabrics, please. FABRICS MUST BE PREWASHED PRIOR TO USING.
Colors: Anything goes ONLY Light colors for the background .

Block Pattern: http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/PDFs/2007_Angelbabies.pdf ***Special Note***We will be making our blocks 12 1/2 inches NOT the 10 1/2

Number of blocks: 12

Blocks due to me: October 1, 2011. Blocks will be swapped and mailed out asap after all are received. I will only wait 5 days for stragglers.

Mailing: When you mail your blocks to me, be sure to INCLUDE INSIDE a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) with your address in both the From and To slots with the EXACT same amount of postage as it costs you to send them to me. If your packages do not have the appropriate postage, I will "return to sender". Blocks and SASE should be able to fit in a small flat rate Priorty Mail Envelope--I believe the stamp is $4.95. Be sure to get 2 stamps. 1 for sending to me. 1 for sending back to you. (2 sets will easily fit)

Please post here if you would like to join. As well as posting here, please PM me with your email addy, so I can keep the addy information for this swap.

Enjoy!!!

Participants
Luna
greytmommy
Coyote
Kate
Urban

Last edited:
I have a stepdaughter that's VERY into angels. Looks like I gotta do this one.
smile.png

I think I might like to join. Do the blocks you make have to all be the same?? Or can they be different? I have a LOT of scrap fabric I could use these blocks.....

Quote:
They can all be different! I'm going to use up a bunch of my scraps as well. The only thing different than the original instructions is we will be making out blocks 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 (it's easier for me to figure out the sashing and borders that way, math skills stink, lol)

Welcome aboard we have lots of fun with these swaps!

Got you too Luna!

YAH! I am really excited to be doing this. I dont know who I will give the Angel quilt too...Maybe my SIL...she is pregnant, so it would be a nice gift for the baby.....

Oh yes it would be a great gift of a baby. I was looking through my "stuff" yesterday. I've got all kinds of buttons, beads, bric-a-brack, and other little doo-dads that I'm going to use on them. Something fun to pass the summer away.

Quote:
I can't ge the pdf to pull up. What is the web site you found this on? new comnputer....last one got sick from facebook virus (gee thanks fb)

Back
Top Bottom