Announcing the new BYC Reputation System: Ovations

I want to give ovations points but am afraid I will run out if I give too many. This happened to me once and I don't want it to happen again.
hmm.png

Nothing bad happens if you give out your daily allotment. It's just to keep people from demeaning the value of the ovations and/or gaming it trying to rack up the most they can. If you see valuable and helpful posts, then give it to them!

Giving this thread a bump. It still appears some are not understanding what these are for. I have entered a few online shows and they are "liking" the photo's because they are good shots, not because they are helpful in any way. Nifty, maybe someway can be shared again as to what the Ovations are truly supposed to be used. Thanks

Every now and then I receive an ovation, but my total points don't change? Sometimes I'll see I received one and when I go into my "Ovations" I'll notice that I received 2 since I last checked, but only one of them got added to the total and I didn't get a point for the other one. This actually happened yesterday again. I just noticed I received another one, but my total points didn't change.

Last edited:
Ack!! I'm sorry...there's a little pop-up that says "click if this is helpful" on the green thumb, but I didn't even read it until after reading this post. I've been pretty generous with my 'thumbs up' because I didn't quite 'understand' the limitations on what it should be used for. I'm a member of several other sites with colored thumbs and they are all the same: use if you like something. I was using it left and right (for several reasons, all of which were good intent). In any case, I'll be sure to be more careful when clicking on it from now on. My apologies.
sad.png

Hate to say this, but....the ovation eggs that appear in our profile next to our ovation count are brown, but they don't look like brown eggs. The shade of brown is more evocative of something else that comes from the chickens vent.
ep.gif

Could you possibly use a different color? Pretty please?

Hmm... interesting feedback! I'll add it to the list for the next time we do some design updates (surprisingly these kinds of changes take way longer / are harder to do than I would have ever expected).

Back
Top Bottom