Antibiotics for Pet Birds and Fish

So they’re feeding them insects? Or somehow adding it to the meat? Cause if they’re just feeding it I don’t really see the issue cause mine ate bugs all the time.
Adding it to the meat I believe. Of course the chickens eating bugs is normal but not having insect protein IN our food

Adding it to the meat I believe. Of course the chickens eating bugs is normal but not having insect protein IN our food
Where does it say that? That's not how I read it.

Oh okay yeah that’s definitely disgusting lol thanks for clearing it up cause I definitely misread it 🤣🙈

Maybe I missed it, but I did not see where that.

Just an FYI. You can go on line and find sites that will tell you the dosage of common antibiotics for use in poultry.
Be careful, most sites have incorrect dosing information.
Lots of us have a 'few' antibiotics squirreled away from our latest run in with bronchitis, sore throats for example.
Antibiotic doses for poultry are crazy high compared to people. What antibiotics do you have leftover? Let me know and I'll tell you what the poultry dose is.

Just an FYI. You can go on line and find sites that will tell you the dosage of common antibiotics for use in poultry. Lots of us have a 'few' antibiotics squirreled away from our latest run in with bronchitis, sore throats for example.

It will take some 'ciphering' as Jethro Bodine used to say but it is doable.

This is a serious blow to pet owners who do not have access to veterinary care for their chickens, ducks or other poultry. We do not have an exotic animal vet anywhere near us.

I mean seriously. Can you imagine having to put a sick 2$ gold fish in a bag of water to a vet to find out what is wrong with it and finding out you will be charged 500$ because the vet treats exotic animals....and by the time you get the fish home it's belly up from oxygen depravation?

There is more to this than meets the eye. Just saying. You can easily buy antibiotics and a lot of other drugs from Mexico and Canada without prescriptions.
My understanding of it was this all started with us being upset we were eating antibiotics in our steaks. I don't like it either but I don't know what else they could do. What we really need is someone to invent an antibiotic that is actually for chickens and does no good for anything other than poultry.

Where does it say that? That's not how I read it.

Maybe I missed it, but I did not see where that.
Paragraph 2 where it says, "Upon completion, it will be the first at-scale facility of its kind to upcycle food manufacturing byproducts into high-quality insect proteins and lipids which will primarily be used in the pet food, aquaculture, and livestock industries." It's the "primarily" part that scares me. What will the secondary uses be?

My understanding of it was this all started with us being upset we were eating antibiotics in our steaks. I don't like it either but I don't know what else they could do. What we really need is someone to invent an antibiotic that is actually for chickens and does no good for anything other than poultry.
My understanding is that improper use leads to antibiotics making it into the "food chain" and antibiotic resistance developing because of it.

Paragraph 2 where it says, "Upon completion, it will be the first at-scale facility of its kind to upcycle food manufacturing byproducts into high-quality insect proteins and lipids which will primarily be used in the pet food, aquaculture, and livestock industries." It's the "primarily" part that scares me. What will the secondary uses be?
It does not say they will be injecting chickens with it.

It does not say they will be injecting chickens with it.
I never said they would be injecting chickens with it. I wouldn't put it passed them to start adding it to the meat, like the chicken nuggets they make. A certain percentage being insect protein instead of chicken. But I never said they would be injecting chickens with it

Back
Top Bottom