Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Its 32 degrees in Southeast Texas today?!?!?!?! Ummmm..i guess thats what I get for posting that it doesnt get too cold around here and then complaining about the mosquitos. LOL!! To everyone..including myself...Thinking Warm thoughts today!!!

Congrats on 1st eggs and max egg days and free range time and good tasting eggs and hopefully to Springs arrival soon!

Its 32 degrees in Southeast Texas today?!?!?!?! Ummmm..i guess thats what I get for posting that it doesnt get too cold around here and then complaining about the mosquitos. LOL!! To everyone..including myself...Thinking Warm thoughts today!!!

Congrats on 1st eggs and max egg days and free range time and good tasting eggs and hopefully to Springs arrival soon!
It was 26 here this morning. Bah. I hate cold weather. Ask me this summer, I will not be complaining, except for lack of rain, then I might.

I am also so sick of overcast gray skies... sorry to press the complain button again......BUT..... I swear I feel like I am stuck in an end of the world movie, where one ever sees blue skies, and there are constant clouds over head. What I would give for one bright sunny day, with no clouds in the sky, NO WIND, and temperatures above 40 degrees so some of this ice and snow would melt! I promise, not to complain about the mud either....p r o m i s e.......

Even in Arizona today, it is a little gloomy and overcast with a cool breeze... no sun until tomorrow I guess...

Melabella - thanks sooo much for the information on the brown eggs. As to the EE's eggs, they seemed pretty close in color - the second one wasn't any lighter.

So...lucky flock today.. Leftovers from last nights dinner,,, leftover asparagus tops...(yes, my family only likes the stalks,,,not the the tops...lol), old chop meat that was passed what i would use, one leftover baked potato, and two broken eggs that DH dropped this morning. Peeps sure were happy! It was gone in 2 minutes!

Hello all-- sorry about your colder weather in TX and AZ. TX seems like it has really inconsistent weather? I hope you all get rain this year and not that dry summer of last year.

MB, Lucky chicks -- I'm out of left overs today but I did buy them a head of cabbage this morning so I will give them a snack later today. So, some clouds and some sun today-- melting snow and mud everywere-- can't win for losing. But, at least it's not snowing and windy. We've had such a windy winter-- crazy. OUr fall was the same way. MB, I forgot to say that your son and his girlfriend make a beautiful pair,,, both just stunning. I wonder what is up with USVI? Hope she chimes in soon.

I got 4 eggs yesterday, 1 soft shell and the others were normal. I gotta say, I usually get 3-4 daily. I'm meeting some friends tonight and need to take them some eggs, I'm getting overloaded again. LOL My cholesterol is probably through the roof------!!! Oh well, love them so much. Well, back to my little bit of spring cleaning....hoping for blue skies for all of us!!

We are getting 3 a day pretty consistently now. I'll be happy when all 5 are laying daily!! Went home at lunch at the girl got a snack of bread, raisins, and celery. One blue-green egg in the box. My BR's tend to lay a little later than what I am able to get home for lunch. Lucy is laying daily even though she is moulting. Awesome!!

. MB, I forgot to say that your son and his girlfriend make a beautiful pair,,, both just stunning. I wonder what is up with USVI? Hope she chimes in soon.

I got 4 eggs yesterday, 1 soft shell and the others were normal. I gotta say, I usually get 3-4 daily. I'm meeting some friends tonight and need to take them some eggs, I'm getting overloaded again. LOL My cholesterol is probably through the roof------!!! Oh well, love them so much. Well, back to my little bit of spring cleaning....hoping for blue skies for all of us!!
Thank you kdwag,, they are a handsome couple, lovely young people too. I too wonder about USVI... I just hope whatever was chasing her chicks before didn't make it's precense felt again.

I did read somewhere that our farm/free range eggs are healthier than grocery store eggs, less cholestrol, and more vitamins. I'm banking on that being true as I too am worried to have my cholestrol read! ack!

Spring cleaning YEAH!

I guess my little girls are having to pay for that 8 egg day yesterday. This morning, there was an egg outside the box that has a transparent shell on the pointy end, hard the rest of the way and then another smaller totally soft shell egg oozing down the ramp. I'm thinking it must have come from one girl. Not sure what was/is going on. Got additional 6 normal eggs to those two.

I guess my little girls are having to pay for that 8 egg day yesterday. This morning, there was an egg outside the box that has a transparent shell on the pointy end, hard the rest of the way and then another smaller totally soft shell egg oozing down the ramp. I'm thinking it must have come from one girl. Not sure what was/is going on. Got additional 6 normal eggs to those two.
I just found here that it takes a while for them to get in the swing of things. I can't believe how many eggs once it starts they keep giving us. I have not gotten less than 6 eggs a day in a month. It is usually 7. That means most of them are laying every day. I can see why the hatcheries breed for egg production. I wonder how long this will keep up, and how long overall they will lay. Will be very interesting to see.

I wouldn't worry about the soft shell eggs until it happens habitually. Then we have to figure out who it is. I keep wondering who gave me that broken blood vessel egg a few days ago, I read some hens are prone to it. It was my 4th egg like that since the laying began. This past one was the worst. Not sure I could ever cull anything myself. I'd have to get help with that!

MB

Back
Top Bottom