any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :)

EL145

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
hii reader, my parents bought a black silkie today and we had a rooster but it passed away. i was wondering if anyone on this forum is a silkie breeder or knows a silkie breeder around brisbane.
any tips and faqs about locations would be great.

thank you :) :) :)

Last edited:
Hi! I have many silkie chicks right now and know a breeder as well. I live on the sunshine coast, is that too far away?

Hi I live on the gold Coast and need to give a beautiful pet silkie Rooster away as we are not alowed to keep it, we were not sure of the sex when we got it as a chick. It has just started to crow.

He is georgious and it will be sad to get rid of him.

Hi,

I need to get a Silkie Hen, we are going to the sunshine coast on Tuesday or Wednesday, could you please let me know where i could get one from.

I have a beautiful Rooster we need to give away as we are not allowed to keep him. He is my Daughters pet she raised from a chick.

I am a (hopefully soon) silkie breeder close to Toowoomba. I also know a place about half an hour out of Toowoomba that sells all sorts of birds (including silkies, RIRs, layers, guinea fowl, heaps more varieties that I can think of... also budgies and parrots and all). Zimm's Corner :)

Keep an eye out on sites like gumtree.com.au as they are great places for classifieds, and will probably have what you're after. Also, local farmers markets would have them.

If you're ever heading out to Toowoomba, the address for Zimm's Corner:

11301 Warrego Highway
GOWRIE MOUNTAIN QLD 4350

It's like this service station sorta thing.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=11...=yJ8SUKPRohdnKNreTgxsVg&cbp=12,149.47,,0,6.44

good luck! (Silkie Hens are either $40 or $45, and the rooster cost me $5).

Last edited:
I have2 silkie roosters to give away if anybody is interested. I live in Laidley. Not sure if they are pure breeds or not. But they are very fluffy.

I am new to this site and I live on the Sunshine Coast, please let me know where you are so I can contact you, as I really need a Silkie pullet.

Cheers
Witchie

Back
Top Bottom