Anybody else ride a Harley?

My husband has a 1995 FLHTC and and 2001 FLHTC-01. I took the motorcycle safety course and passed. Had a great time but I prefer to be a Fender Bunny.

My Dad also has a 1994 springer.

I've got a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. Nope, not a Harley but as close
to a Fat Boy as you can get for the money, faster too.

US! US!
I ride an '06 Roadking, black cherry, S & S duals,stage one computer chip upgrade.
My S.O. rides an '04 Superglide, electric ice blue, that has been lowered, (she's short) mini apes with a 2" riser and 1" pullback. Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust, stage one upgrade, chrome goodies, ooh baby!!!

Well, its not a Harley but us motorcyclists unite!

Hubby owns a 1974 Honda CB350, selling on Ebay right now for parts and a beautiful 1981 Honda Goldwing GL1100 that he is restoring and drives like a dream!

Honestly folks with cars or anything with four wheels do not respect motorcyclists, they would literally run you down!!!
rant.gif
Hubby got clipped twice, fell down sideways and talk about HARD to left that heavy Goldwing back on its place and drivers just laugh and sped out. Talk about
somad.gif
tongue.gif
. Do people ever respect us motorcyclists???????????

I ride a Suzuki Burgman 400cc and DH rides a Yamaha Majesty 400cc. Both will go 120mph and fully automatic ( Scooters ). We ride with Harley ....... and other MC riders though. Only difference is we have tons of storage and use them to grocery shop etc.

I did the ole Sportster in the 80's. It was only a 900cc. The rocker covers resembled the Shovelhead rocker covers. Some of yall may know its considered unlucky to ride a green Sportster. Mine was green.

I was putting together a Shovelhead on an old used Pacho ridgid frame. Circumstances made it and me go bye bye. I came home and it was gone. Two lessons learned.

You have made me want to take a look at used frames all of the sudden. Sometimes it aint good to go down memory lane. Gonna go check Craigslist now.

I respect motorcyclist. I give them plenty of space and make sure they know I "SEE" them.

I used to ride on my harley dude friends Harley with him in the summer until he moved to Cali. He takes off the month of August (the month he found his mom who committed suicide when he was a teen) and just goes riding around and camping...his time for reflection. Sure do miss my "pal-y".

On the other spectrum... there are some nut jobs that don't belong on bikes and are reckless.

And just cuz... in the last 2 months around here there have been something like 6 fatalities. One of which was a 17 yr. old boy from my town in which my Pastor got the call from the police to come with them to tell his mom. He mentioned that it was unfortunate because with this day and age with technology his mom had already been told by his friends before Pastor got there. What a heart breaking day for that family. So young.

I would just say... EVERYONE be careful... the ones on 4 or 2 wheels.

Back
Top Bottom