anyone ever order from Purely Poultry?

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
I'm looking to order another bunch of chicks, and just saw the purelypoultry ad on the top of this page...so I looked at their selection and they have the breeds I want, and their prices look good too. Has anyone used them? How are their chicks (Health and vigor of the chicks?) Delivery time? Customer service? They sound wonderful! I hope someone has nice things to say about them.
Thanks-Lisa

Last edited:
I just received my order today of Cornish X. They were all in great shape and all alive. The prices were the best I have found so far. I will recommend Purely Poultry to friends. The only confusion I had was they didn't have a schedule of when chicks were available. I just had to pick a day. But they had them ready and shipped on time. And they arrived on the date requested.

From what I've read and from the discussions I've had with their workers via instant messaging on their website, I would not recommend buying from them if you are looking for quality birds. They say they buy mostly from breeders and some hatcheries, however, when I asked about purchasing a certain type of bird (which are harder to find, fewer breeders) they REFUSED to tell me who they buy from.
I wanted to know that way I could determine if they would be coming from the same stock my current flocks come from but they wouldn't tell me.
This leads me to believe that they, like so many others, buy cheap from hatcheries, mark them up a little, and sell them. Why else would they be so secretive???

This is what I've been saying I've heard this through alot of people,just becarefull there is no transparency anymore with these companies all they care about is making the sell from you..And then if they screw up they give you an excuse or try to make you feel like your an idiot and didn't know what you were doing just be careful.That why I try to do buisness with local breeders or farms or small local hatcheries .

We just ordered 45 chicks from Purely Poultry and about 30 from Cackle Hatchery, trying to find the best hatchery for us. We figured we'd give these two a shot first and see how they compare.

We partner with 45 hatcheries and breeders that we ship with nationwide that ship birds directly to our customers. We use the location that has the birds that you want, can ship the soonest, provides the best service, and is located closest to you.

We ordered this month from purely. Placed order, funds were taken. We were told chicks would ship Wednesday and arrive Friday or Saturday. On Friday we called post office to make sure, no chicks, contacted Purely and was told wait til Saturday and given a bad tracking number to "track" our package. Contacted them back to say wrong tracking, we were told its the post offices responsibility. So we waited. Nothing and they were closed so we could not contact them. So they had are funds and no chicks as we were told. Monday we contact them, we are told they'll ship out Wednesday, but we have lil faith because we were lied to once already the previous week and told the same thing.
So the next Friday, early morning we get the call from post office, we go pick up the box of chicks that has arrived. The postman walked the box out to us gagging. We received a box of dead chicks. More than upset about being lied to about the 1st shipment and now a box of dead chicks. We contacted Purely Poultry that day and were told they can ship another order.
We declined, stating we did not want this to happen again and we will order direct from someplace else. We asked for a refund for the dead chicks and we were told we would be given one. Today a refund has indeed posted to our account.
Order direct from the hatcheries. Avoid this headache. I wish I would have done better research on them before ordering. Never again.

I got them today by a big surprise, the post master at our small town post office was appalled at them being sent with regular mail 3 day priority instead of Express. He said he heard small cheeps but not lately, my husband opened them up and found them scared and shaking with soaking wet bedding in the box that had a tipped over white plastic cup that he said had to be filled with water? He got them home in 5 minutes and I got them fed and hydrated, they perked right up! 3 beautiful, alive babies!
I feel lucky, the post office delivered a box more than a day early (which NEVER happens) and they are well.

Soooo u got them or this is a premature post? I got an order of like 20 ducks pending with them... Hope it goes well!! 3 ducks is definitely a rough ride in the mail!! Gl and hopefully u fill us in!!

I haven't ordered from them, but I've got their site bookmarked and may order from them in the future.

If I were you I would take a chance and order from them. Then you don't have to rely on anyone else's opinions, you've got your own.

Back
Top Bottom