anyone ever order from Purely Poultry?

Jpranch, please provide me with your order number and I would be happy to assist. We have less than 4% loss on all of our birds. We are very successful at what we do.
Here is the terms of our Live Guarantee: We guarantee that your chicks are alive and well for 24 hours after they arrive at your post office. After 24-hours of receiving your order, count the number of chicks of each kind that are ALIVE and WELL. If that number is LESS than the number you ordered, please fill out our Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Form. http://www.purelypoultry.com/shippinginfo.html#lagform Please do not give us a dead count as we may include extras. YOU MUST REPORT within 48 hours of receiving the chicks to be eligible for a credit. Purely Poultry is not responsible if customer does not pickup birds within eight hours. We give store credit or refund for the cost of the birds. We do not credit shipping cost.

If you recieved birds of the wrong kind we can also give store credit or refund on them.

good luck - i just got my shipping email and they aren't scheduled to ship until the end of May, seven weeks from today.  Does anyone have any reliable hatcheries they've used that have a fairly quick turn around time?  We have a very busy schedule this summer and were hoping to get everything set up by the end of April.  I'm looking into the cancellation policy for them now.
If your schedule is busy..order sooner next time. That's not on the hatchery, that's on the buyer. Availability does not work around buyers busy schedules so you have to pay attention and buy earlier in the season so you can set up earlier. I ordered 4 different breeds from Murray McMurray and have an 8 week wait. I ordered 4 breeds from Purely Poultry and had a 4 week wait. Gotta wait for them babies to all hatch and ship on the same dates.

I ordered a fairly hard to get breed that was due to arrive in July. They notified me that they would not ship on time and the birds came in August. Only 1 dead, it happens, and in my opinion the USPS is frequently negligent with live poulttry shipments, believe me I could tell you of many horrible experiences with birds lost in shipment, crushed boxes, etc... Anyways I also got birds of a different breed from another hatchery. All were vaccinated because we've had Marek's here. The birds from the other hatchery died in droves from Marek's. The birds from Purely Poultry have done very well, losing only a couple to what appeared to be Marek's so they apparently have a better vaccination program going on, or at least from whatever hatchery they actually came from they do. Although I must remark that Purely Poultry charges a LOT for the vaccination compared to other hatcheries, and considering they aren't even the ones actually doing it, well, it's just a markup then for a little extra $$ it seems.

kcej0822 Cackle Hatchery has done great for me many times and many years in a row, and another plus they have great show quality if that helps you any.

Everybody, I've seen good reviews and bad reviews on here, but here's my two cents. I just received my order today for turkey poults, which I ordered through Purely Poultry. Everything was done just as expected. I was given a shipping date, it was shipped on time, and arrived on time, and all the turkey poults I ordered were perfectly fine when I picked them up at the post office. I understand that they just "drop ship" from other places. Mine were shipped from the address in Lebanon, MO where Cackle Hatchery is located. The difference is, Cackle Hatchery wants me to order 15 poults minimum. For someone like me, I don't have the capacity, or the people to split an order with, to deal with 15 poults. By ordering through Purely Poultry, I may pay a couple bucks more per bird, but I can do a 5 poult minimum which is not only cheaper in total, but an amount of birds I can facilitate at this time.

Yes, I have and I received them good and healthy very purkey, and know they are almost big enough to put into the coop....

I have ordered from purely poultry twice now, and had some losses, but nothing out of the ordinary. The first batch of chicks all arrived alive, but after a couple of days one died of a crop impaction. The second batch arrived with 2 doa's, and one that definitely wasn't going to make it (died 1 day after arrival), and the extra chick was a roo. I was credited for the losses, so all was good there. I was dissappointed with the quality of one of the breeds of chicks however. A few of them have sparse down, and appear to have "bald spots". I mentioned it to purely poultry and emailed pics, but was told it was due to feather picking during shipping. I highly doubt this is the case tho, no blood or anything, just sparse to bald looking chicks.

Tyler, where are my chicks that were shipped 4/28???

ETA: They got lost in the mail, new shipment is coming this week. Yay!  Thank you Tyler. /img/smilies/smile.png

Chicks can get lost in the mail?!!!! What happens to them?! Do they die? Show up at someone else's house? The poor things!

I have ordered Cochin bantams from purely poultry and if any of you have too could you please post pics? Thanks!

Just received my 15 bantams from pure poultry, awesome packaging, none are dead, all in great shape, very happy with the service, will definitely order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom