anyone ever order from Purely Poultry?

Warning- I purchased pheasant chicks from Purely Poultry a couple years ago and would not recommend that anyone else do so. They arrived late, chilled, weak and dieing (2 dead and 4 others half dead) without any extras shipped. The chicks proceeded to die for the next few days. I've raise a good number of pheasants and knew how to start them but only was able to rescue 8 of 25 from the episode. When I contacted Tyler he made many excuses and refunded for only 2 deaths. He's a nice polite guy but I would never do business with him again.

I ordered 15 guineas from them last year they sent 19 and all 19 lived and did great.  I plan on ordering from them again this year.  They are very willing to help and answer any questions you have to ask.  Don't think you will regret ordering from them.

You may have been one of the lucky ones but for alot of people the majority of there experiences seem to be negative just google the reviews and you will not see many if any responses from the company when there's negative reviews

I ordered 15 guineas last summer...I received 2 extras. They were all healthy, nice birds. They were shipped and received on time. I just ordered 16 Bantams due to be sent this wednesday. I have no worries they will be shipped ontime and packed for the cold weather here in Michigan. I think they are a great company with a great selection of birds.

How is the quality? I'm not looking for show quality but it would be nice to find a hatchery that supplies birds that are within normally published descriptions. eg adult weight and feather type (buff orps should not be tight feathered), low instances of defects like cross-beak and tardy feathering,.

My local breeders' have good stock but they don't hatch enough to make marek's vacc economical. (and they don't seem very interested in trying as they, or their other customers, are aimed at the neo all-natural crowd(anti GMO, vacc, etc))

Last edited:
From what I've read and from the discussions I've had with their workers via instant messaging on their website, I would not recommend buying from them if you are looking for quality birds. They say they buy mostly from breeders and some hatcheries, however, when I asked about purchasing a certain type of bird (which are harder to find, fewer breeders) they REFUSED to tell me who they buy from.
I wanted to know that way I could determine if they would be coming from the same stock my current flocks come from but they wouldn't tell me.
This leads me to believe that they, like so many others, buy cheap from hatcheries, mark them up a little, and sell them. Why else would they be so secretive???

This is what I've been saying I've heard this through alot of people,just becarefull there is no transparency anymore with these companies all they care about is making the sell from you..And then if they screw up they give you an excuse or try to make you feel like your an idiot and didn't know what you were doing just be careful.That why I try to do buisness with local breeders or farms or small local hatcheries .

I orderded 25 cornish cross from them. They shipped them wednesday and the postoffice called me at 6:45 friday morning. They sent a total of 27. One was dead on arrival and one died later that day. Other then that they were healthy. I started them on fermented non medicated chick starter. It is sunday night now and they are doing great. Very active , running aroung playing and scratching in the shavings. So far no pasty butt either.

We just ordered 45 chicks from Purely Poultry and about 30 from Cackle Hatchery, trying to find the best hatchery for us. We figured we'd give these two a shot first and see how they compare.

We just ordered 45 chicks from Purely Poultry and about 30 from Cackle Hatchery, trying to find the best hatchery for us. We figured we'd give these two a shot first and see how they compare.

When your chicks from Purely Poultry come, take a note of where they shipped from. I'm very curious. I've got one more order to place this summer, and I'm wide open on who to order from.

Back
Top Bottom