anyone ever order from Purely Poultry?

I just received my order today of Cornish X. They were all in great shape and all alive. The prices were the best I have found so far. I will recommend Purely Poultry to friends. The only confusion I had was they didn't have a schedule of when chicks were available. I just had to pick a day. But they had them ready and shipped on time. And they arrived on the date requested.

I have been putting off posting my review, as I have some mixed feelings. I ordered 25 Cornish x birds and received them three weeks ago. I got a call from a post office several miles away telling me I had better come and get my birds, because they probably wouldn't make it to my local post office alive the next day. The weather was pretty bad it was cold and very rainy, and the box they were sent in appeared to be one for warmer weather use. I had problems with severe spraddle legs chicks, and deaths and was offered a whopping $2 refund because the deaths were about 12 hours past the 24 hour limit- even though they wouldn't have arrived at my post office until a day later. I was very frustrated that they wouldn't budge on "policy" and I was then offed a $10 off a future order, that I probably wont use now. Out of the chicks that did survive, two more died a week later- they just weren't growing, and another died last week, again very puny. Most of the remaining chicks are growing well but there are a few that are noticeably smaller than the rest. They have been given proper chick food and vitamins added to their water... idk- maybe just a bad batch. I will probably jus tstick with my usual company even though there is a shipping charge because I have always gotten nice birds that grow up good and fat. I am glad to see that others have had good luck though.

Here are my birds from Purely Poultry. They are just over 6 weeks in this photo. Average weight is 5.2 lbs. I lost one bird on day 2 and had to cull one at 4 weeks due to an injury, otherwise they are growing about 1.25 lbs a week in weight and are all in good shape. Pardon the photo quality since I took the picture at night in the tractor.

I just received my order today of Cornish X. They were all in great shape and all alive. The prices were the best I have found so far. I will recommend Purely Poultry to friends. The only confusion I had was they didn't have a schedule of when chicks were available. I just had to pick a day. But they had them ready and shipped on time. And they arrived on the date requested.

Your confusion was because Purely Poultry is not a breeder. They order their birds from many different sources.

I ordered 15 guineas from them last year they sent 19 and all 19 lived and did great. I plan on ordering from them again this year. They are very willing to help and answer any questions you have to ask. Don't think you will regret ordering from them.

Back
Top Bottom