anyone ever order from Purely Poultry?

I ordered from Purely Poultry about a month ago and I have nothing but good things to say about this company!! I highly recommend them; they usually send an extra chick just incase, you recieve your order within 2-3 days of being shipped, the chicks are very healthy and spunky, and if you order a rooster, they dye a part of their face so you can tell them apart from the hens. Friends of mine have ordered from different companies and had nothing but trouble until they ordered from Purely Poultry! Two thumbs way up!!!

Great people,

I have ordered twice from them. Chicks were very healthy, all were alive. Best of all they pick up the phone if you have questions or need to talk to a person. Two thumbs up!

I haven't gotten my chicks from them yet, they come in June (woohoo!
jumpy.gif
), but they were very nice and helpful on the phone. They're also great about answering emails and any questions you have, even if you're like me and keep pestering them with one question after another, lol!
smile.png

I ordered from them but set a delivery date for may when it is warmer. I made a mistake when I ordered and called them. They were very kind and more than willing to help me get my mistake taken care of. I can not comment on the health of their chicks but they are very kind and willing to help.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my chicks from Purely Poultry a few days ago. Due to some laying issues, they didn't have the Porcelain D'Uccles and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte bantams I ordered, and emailed me to let me know. They gave me the option of canceling the order or replacing different breeds/colors for those I ordered that they didn't have. It was no big deal to me, I understand that these things sometimes happen, so I just switched my order to Blue Wyandotte and Columbian Wyandotte bantams (yes, I love Wyandottes, lol!). I also had to take my shipment a bit early, but that was fine with me too.
smile.png

Dealing with the people at Purely Poultry was a great experience...they were all very nice and helpful.

All but one chick out of 15, which was DOA, arrived healthy and active. They're absolutely adorable! I would definitely order from Purely Poultry again.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I was originally very unhappy with their customer service, because they took a long time to notice my order, process it, and answer questions. The turning point was when they told me quite simply, sorry for the delays, they will arrive on X...but then they didn't, and they rescheduled again on a date I can't be available. I don't think that is the norm. People have to take off precious time from work and plans to make room for the chicks arrival, so its really hard when you can't rely on a certain date.

However, I get that its hard to keep track of something as unpredictable as living things, so its understandable when you have a few cases of rescheduling and delays. But that should be rare. They should be giving themselves some extra buffer in availability, so they can afford to lose a few chicks without messing up people's schedules. Don't let people buy chicks unless you're really darn sure you will have plenty available.

I think the problem was a lack of communication between the suppliers and the owner. They have over 300 breeds from many sources, so complications in keeping track of them are many. But that's not an excuse. You should only manage and offer for sale what you can handle proficiently.

Other than timing difficulties, they had reasonable prices, were friendly, and have a great selection. When I complained, I was given a very prompt refund too, no questions asked. I can't vouch for the chick quality, but positive reviews say they are as good as any. So if you have a forgiving schedule, they aren't all that bad.

Last edited:
I have recently placed an order and it is scheduled to ship next week. I cannot complain about their service as far as communication, they got back to me and communicated very quickly. Though I am not thrilled with the ship date July 2 and will take two days which is July 4 which means I will not get it till July 5. I don't know if there could be much worse ship day, but it is what it is. It is still 72 hours so hopefully they will be fine, and they already stated they would refund any losses. I am grateful, but the birds I ordered are really expensive and just wish it was working out a little different. My fault for not ordering earlier though. And who knows maybe they will all make it, I am not complaining here just stating my experience thus far.

Back
Top Bottom