Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Than you Leanne. I didn't think I'd make through yesterday:th
But I did and it was well worth it. They are eating well, drinking nice warm water and peeping like crazy.

Than you Leanne. I didn't think I'd make through yesterday:th
But I did and it was well worth it. They are eating well, drinking nice warm water and peeping like crazy.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Cute! I am just waiting and waiting and waiting forever....... (well 9 days but it feels like forever!!!!!)

Last edited:
Hi! I am waiting for my little chicks to arrive, hopefully on Friday. I am expecting a shipping notification today. I ordered from Chickens for Backyards. So far my experience has been very good with them. They have great communication and customer service. Just hoping the chicks survive the ship. I only ordered 5 and I keep reading all these stories about chicks not making it or the postal service not being very helpful with pickup/delivery. I'm also hatching eggs that are due to hatch Friday so I'm just a ball of nerves all around.

Someone post some more cute pics to get us through!

It you follow my posts you'll see I paniced for no reason. The PO called me right away this morning. I don't why they can't get their stories straight, the people at the counter said I coundnt pick them up then the people call me to come get them at 5:45 am! Go figure. Anyway hang in there. I'm sure everything will be fine. Sometimes we can get too much info. ;)

A text came in at 4:30 stating that they were at my local PO. I called at 5:30 (was still asleep when the text came in) and was told to come and get them! Picked them up and met my co-conspirator at a McDonald's to split up the chicks. She had 5 BO, 5 BA, 2 BCM and I had ordered one each of BCM, CL, EE bantam, and a bantam white created black polish. All seemed vigorous and actively peeping!

I brought my four home, checked for pasty butt (everyone looked fine), and introduced them to the water, food, and a small brinsea heater:

When I went to put out my silkies in the yard, the white (broody) one refused to budge... I had planned on introducing the chicks to her on the evening, but...

...she seems thrilled to have them, she tucked her wings around them and they seemed to go to sleep. Everyone seems pretty happy and content!

I am so thrilled!!!

A text came in at 4:30 stating that they were at my local PO. I called at 5:30 (was still asleep when the text came in) and was told to come and get them! Picked them up and met my co-conspirator at a McDonald's to split up the chicks. She had 5 BO, 5 BA, 2 BCM and I had ordered one each of BCM, CL, EE bantam, and a bantam white created black polish. All seemed vigorous and actively peeping!

I brought my four home, checked for pasty butt (everyone looked fine), and introduced them to the water, food, and a small brinsea heater:

When I went to put out my silkies in the yard, the white (broody) one refused to budge... I had planned on introducing the chicks to her on the evening, but...

...she seems thrilled to have them, she tucked her wings around them and they seemed to go to sleep. Everyone seems pretty happy and content!

I am so thrilled!!!
How PRECIOUS!!!!!

So mine came this morning, I got them settled and then came in to work.

Now I am worrying about them. Think they are ok?

The ones who survived the trip were all looking pretty fine when I left, and I saw most of them drink at some point, did all the beak dipping etc. Left the light pretty close but they have a big brooder box so they can get cool if they need too. And left food both in their feeder and just on the ground.

I am just worrying about them. So hard leaving little babies like that. SHould I try to leave work early? I commute so I can't just "run back and check."

Back
Top Bottom