Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

This was me today! and yesterday and two weeks ago lol

I found someone who lives close to me that had OE's hatch a little over a week ago and then EE's hatch a couple of days ago. I was going to pick them up at the same time because I was only going to get an EE and a OE. Only one EE hatched so she sold me her (hopefully a her) and I ended up bringing home two OE's - one of which is a runt because I am a sucker for a runt!

I couldn't even sleep last night because I was so excited. ha! I know how you ladies feel.

Those babies sure are cute that someone posted pics of!

I'm sad and happy at the same time. My order arrived today, 14 dead...but thankfully 20 arrived safe and sound. One whole side of the box was dead (it was divided into two compartments). I am so sad, all my Polish, the Buttercups, Houdans, and Golden Penciled Hamburgs didn't make it. I contacted the hatchery and they will replace later on in the spring.

Oh well, I will wait until March to order chicks next time or maybe order more at a time so they will have a better chance? I thought with 34 they would be warm enough, I guess not. All the others are doing well. One is borderline, mostly sleeping and hasn't really started to eat yet, I have given drops of water with Save a Chick added and she seems to be doing better. I'll call her Miracle if she makes it...

I'm thinking that side of the box must have been near a draft or something, or maybe because one side had 20 and the other had only 14 so they got cold because there wasn't enough of them? I could guess all day, doesn't change what happened. The hatchery was very prompt with their reply to my email, I am sure this does happen a lot.

Mine are running around like....chickens! Preening, eating, pecking at each other, and then collapsing on their side for a chicken nap. I love chicken TV, it's the best! I've been sitting by the brooder all day, not getting anything done because I can't stop looking at them.

Got my Mottled Orpington babies! Best housewarming (or farm-warming?) Gift I've ever had!

They look wonderful!

wow your Lakenvelder rooster is soo pretty!!! and he looks very docile too, good ones are hard to find!

Good Luck with your order! you're gonna have a pretty looking flock! =D ha, I'm excited for you. oh April seems so far away! lol you have a lot of patience... =D

I got my five Australorp pullets from Cackle Hatchery, on time, happy and very energetic considering the trip. My children love them.

Last edited:

Has anyone here ordered the bantam city/town special from Cackle? I've already ordered so just looking for what to expect. Please be kind. :) I have the brooder all set. They're not due until February 26. I'm hoping they come sooner. This is our first chick experience. We had standard hens before but they were about 3 months old when we got them. So there's some experience!! We areso excited for them to get here!!

Thanks, I've been planning my selections since last year's order! The Polish, Orpingtons, Cochins, and Faverolles are for our daughter. Apparently she's got a thing for blondes.

Back
Top Bottom