Anyone on broodie overload?

Now isn't that just like a bunch of women !!!! One trying to out do another ... ? Seems mine do that too and it drives me nuts. If I let one go broody ... then all the others go! AND ... if I try and stop them ... they pout! Yes I said pout! I've had 3 hens at one time trying to sit on eggs and only one of them has the eggs under them! GOOD luck with all the baby's!

MUST BE IN THE WATER?
lau.gif

Quote:
Very funny! The hay rope is to stop them from tipping when they jump in and out, lol! I am like McGiver, can fix any problem with duct tape and hay rope! And yeah, put a bit of hay in the bottom of a bucket and they will lay in it. So far, no bucket hopping, they must know the color of their bucket!
gig.gif

That is too cute. I love your setup!!!

I am also on broody overload. My broody list includes the following:.... Drum Roll............................

10 broody chickens
5 broody muscovy ducks
4 broody geese
3 broody Bourbon Red Turkeys

If I find another broody animal in the yard, I WILL JUST SCREAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

Ms.Frizzle :

OMG, feeder buckets!
lau.gif
That looks so funny! Beware the horse who sticks its nose in one of those!!!

I am running out of buckets to feed with!
One pony did stick its nose in and got pecked, threw its head and sent the hen and eggs for a little ride. Needless to say, she needed new eggs after that, luckily she had only just started sitting.​

Quote:
That is broodie overload! I guess am not so bad afterall.

Seriously! And I thought I had it bad.

But this was my previous list:
4 broody ducks (pekin, 2 rouen, runner)
1 broody goose (only have 1 goose)
2 bantam cochins
5 OEGB
1 LF mix
1 OEG
1 Serama

Today's list includes 2 cochin/silkie mixes, another bantam cochin, and another Serama. I think that's all for now
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom