Anyone ready to ring in the new year...and lose weight/get fit?

Quote:
Thank you! I want to make these tonight!
smile.png

But I'll probably wait until tomorrow since its raining so badly... I'd have to goto the store for a couple of things for it.

Here's another favorite my husband makes me make:

Chicken & Wild Mushroom Rosemary Pasta

Ingredients

12 oz package of angel hair pasta (or 3/4 of a 1lb box)
1 Package of Dried Wild Mushrooms 1/2 oz size (We like Melissa's Porcini)
2 Cups Chicken Stock or broth
1 Cup of Water
1 Grilled or baked left over skinless chicken breast cup into cubes, about 1 cup
1 sprig of fresh rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried)
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
1 tsp corn starch

Directions
Boil pasta as instructed on box.

In a medium deep pot heat on medium the stock, water and rosemary spring with mushroom to reconstitute them to their springy selves.

After about 5 minutes on the heat, add the cubed chicken. (Do not use raw chicken)

After about 3 minutes whisk in the corn starch to thicken the sauce, give about 2 more minutes. Then add finished drained pasta to pot with the sauce and toss it all together to get the flavor all through the pasta and serve.

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Info

* Servings Per Recipe: 4
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories: 374.1

* Total Fat: 2.8 g
* Cholesterol: 29.8 mg
* Sodium: 653.6 mg
* Total Carbs: 60.3 g
* Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g
* Protein: 26.9 g

Last edited:
I find it interesting how many of those recipes are too many carbs for DH. 45g carbs (INCLUDING sides and bread and anything else in the meal) is his limit for a meal. That's why we don't do low-fat but are careful to use moderate amount of *good* fats in our cooking.

Everyone has different ways of achieving goals. Glad those recipes work well for some folks! Thanks for posting them.

Vfm. this has never happened to me before... but as i was reading the recipes... I started to salivate.
You better win the bake off! I can't imagine how well your family eats. I was sitting here thinking that we are having eggs tonight when the DH comes home. I need some fish to season limefully.

OH! but I did weigh myself early.. or a week late, and I have FINALLY broken 150! I am at 149. It might not seem like a big deal, but I have not seen a 'forty number' on a scale in over ten years.

Quote:
HOORAY!!!!!!
big_smile.png
I know the feeling, I do! When I hit 159 I was over the moon, as I haven't seen that since before I was preggers. My daughter is 4!
lol.png

Annaraven, I will try to whip up some low carb meals
wink.png
Then I'll share the findings here.

As for the above meals, I serve them as is, but sometimes with a side salad. Though we have bread problems (we love it) and my daughter could eat bread as a meal itself. I'll come up with something, promise... I love to cook.

I'm a wiz with left overs too! HAHAHA

Quote:
HOORAY!!!!!!
big_smile.png
I know the feeling, I do! When I hit 159 I was over the moon, as I haven't seen that since before I was preggers. My daughter is 4!
lol.png

Annaraven, I will try to whip up some low carb meals
wink.png
Then I'll share the findings here.

As for the above meals, I serve them as is, but sometimes with a side salad. Though we have bread problems (we love it) and my daughter could eat bread as a meal itself. I'll come up with something, promise... I love to cook.

I'm a wiz with left overs too! HAHAHA

Yeah - I cook mostly low-carb or moderate carb meals here. Leftovers - now there's my downfall. DH won't eat them in general, but if I could figure out how to disguise them or re-make them into something else...

Too bad he hates chicken - it's so flexible. Ah well. There are worse things than dealing with a picky eater for a DH.

clap.gif
1 pound!! I'm always happy to have lost, not gained....especially when yesterday I had a brownie (a big one) AND a margarita WITH salt! It's soooo hard being good, but hey, I lost a pound!!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom