Anyone Setting eggs on 4/10/12??? Want to hatch with me?

Make sure they know where and what water is by picking up each chick, dipping their beak in the water, and watching to make sure that they tip their little head back and swallow. Once they know what water is and where they can find it, they will drink when they are thirsty.

Well, I'm going back home today. I told everyone that we should try to leave by 5 so we can be home by 8. I'll update on what I see when I get home.

I can't believe hatch day is almost here! :D Very excited. I am such a newbie at this, so I'm a bit nervous. My first hatch attempt in may consisted of just 5 eggs, and I didn't get any to hatch. This time I laid 7 eggs the evening of April 10th, and as of this past Friday, 2 of them were alive and I could see the movement at the top of the egg. The other 5 have fallen away a couple at a time. I'm crossing my fingers that these last 2 will make it through the lock down. One if a polish/minorca mix, and the other is a buff orpington/barred rock mix.

I just got an order of 25 chicks from the hatchery, the chicks will be 1 week old when these 2 eggs hatch. That's close enough in age to stick them together right? (Provided they hatch, that is. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case something goes wrong!)

I can't believe hatch day is almost here! :D Very excited. I am such a newbie at this, so I'm a bit nervous. My first hatch attempt in may consisted of just 5 eggs, and I didn't get any to hatch. This time I laid 7 eggs the evening of April 10th, and as of this past Friday, 2 of them were alive and I could see the movement at the top of the egg. The other 5 have fallen away a couple at a time. I'm crossing my fingers that these last 2 will make it through the lock down. One if a polish/minorca mix, and the other is a buff orpington/barred rock mix.

I just got an order of 25 chicks from the hatchery, the chicks will be 1 week old when these 2 eggs hatch. That's close enough in age to stick them together right? (Provided they hatch, that is. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case something goes wrong!)

Good luck with your eggs! I am sending good hatching vibes your way
fl.gif

I am not sure about putting the new chicks in with the 1 weeks olds. I would think that they might need to be separate for one or two days, just until they are up and going good. wouldn't want them to get ran over by the older chicks. I am sure someone will chime in that has more experience than me
smile.png

Well, I'm home. I don't hear or see anything yet. The temperature was down to 95* so if they are going to hatch, they should hatch late. It wasn't really low so I'm not worried yet. The humidity was at 45%. Should I increase it or leave it at that?

Back
Top Bottom