anyone use a Brinsea Mini Advance fully digital 7 egg incubator?

I finished my first hatch in my Brinsea mini advance a week ago today. When I candled the eggs on day 8, two were questionable. Since I have not done this before, I opted to leave them. One of them hatched and one did not and one that looked okay did not. I got five live healthy chicks out of seven eggs. I probably didn't do everything just right but it worked out fine anyway. This thing is pretty idiot proof! After the third chick hatched, it was getting very crowded in there and chick number one was crawling over all the eggs and stepping on the head of the one that was hatching so I reached in and took it out along with the empty eggshells. I will definitely be fixing a mat so I can remove the turning tray next time. The chicks could not roll the eggs out of the way with it in. I am starting the next batch tomorrow!

Ive been looking at a $299 Brinsea Mini Adv EX. Am presently waiting on an arrival of fertile eggs to do my first incubation in a Little Giant #9200. Temps fluctuating, Three different thermometers all have different readings and I'm fearful I'll have a bad first hatch. I want an incubator ore advanced. My first are going to be Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons. I have a dozen coming soon. See my wall "Lemons"

Thanks for the very educational thread! I'm wondering how often you have to add water to the Brinsea Mini? We hatched eggs in my classroom this spring but we only had 7 out of 12 hatch. Unfortunately, I can't get in in the weekends to turn the eggs and our borrowed incubator wasn't automated. Will the mini last a weekend without having to add water? Having it automatically turn the eggs would great! I love that you can see inside easily too! I'm very tempted to buy one... :)

Thanks for the very educational thread! I'm wondering how often you have to add water to the Brinsea Mini? We hatched eggs in my classroom this spring but we only had 7 out of 12 hatch. Unfortunately, I can't get in in the weekends to turn the eggs and our borrowed incubator wasn't automated. Will the mini last a weekend without having to add water? Having it automatically turn the eggs would great! I love that you can see inside easily too! I'm very tempted to buy one...
smile.png

I have loved my 2 Brinseas, one was the mini-Advance which holds 7 and the other was the same only not auto-turn.
I had a terrible barn fire Sunday night and lost everything. Think I'll be getting out of chickens. I would gladly sell you both of mine for a reasonable rate, just let me know. My chickens didn't die, but have been relocated to keep them safe. Praising God for that.
The incubators were still in the house from this springs usage and didn't get lost in the fire and have received no damage. I can post pics of them.

Last edited:
Im so sorry for your loss. Was wondering if you still had brinsea mini-advance incubator?

Had chickens for about 2 years now and would like to start hatching our own. We have 2 roos who keep the other 26 girls fertile.

But didn't want to make a large investment. Please let me know if you still have any equipment. Thank you, Sincerely, SusieQ5032.

Back
Top Bottom