Anyone use Koop Clean?

Pics
I did get 8 packs myself, I had to drive 41 miles one way to get them. I am planing to do the switch from sand to Koop clean in my coops this weekend. Also I will have some in my brooder next month when my chicks arrive.
Same here for the brooder. My chicks are expected to hatch around the 8th of March. I start off with puppy pads for a day or two. Then I pull up pads and add this Fun stuff. I have to order the Koop Clean from a store that is almost 40 min from me. I know that it is totally worth the wait, time, and money.

My chicken stuff haul.

It really depends how you maintain the coop in between total litter clean-outs. For example, I use droppings boards in my coop and my birds free-range during the day, so regardless of the litter type I use, the frequency of cleaning out the litter is much less than someone who doesn't employ droppings boards. Similarly, I do not keep waterers inside my coop, therefore the litter stays dry and dry litter needs to be cleaned out MUCH less frequently than wet litter that results from spilled drinking water. I would suggest trying the product if you're intrigued. If you're already purchasing pine shavings, it's a no lose proposition. It will go farther and last longer than pine shavings. I use it and that is my experience with it. Oh, and mother hens and chicks LOVE the stuff!!
I guess this sorta answers my question? I am using a brooder right now for 4 chicks and although I use Koop Clean in my coop was wondering if I should use it in my brooder? Can I add Koop Clean on top of shavings or clean out the shavings and just use Koop Clean?

No, but I was thinking of purchasing some myself. Was trying to find a local dealer in my area but seems the closest one is 67 miles.
1f601.png
I am going to call for price tomorrow. Let us know what you think about it...Hope it is as good as they say it is...

Never mind!!!!
1f603.png
lol!!! I didn't see all other posts....sounds like most of you really support KC, so it sounds like it's definitely worth trying!!! thanks everyone for ur informative posts!!!

I started using it thinking the dust level would be less than shavings,not so its worse.I will keep using it for a year as I do the deep litter method just to see if it keeps the smell down

Back
Top Bottom