April Fools 2016 - New Development: Chicken Feed That Changes Egg Shell Color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this goes world wide as it would be fantastic for my Polands White eggs
clap.gif

I would have a much more colourful eggs basket
big_smile.png

thumbsup.gif

As someone with a mixed flock I value my white leghorn eggs for their whiteness as much as the blue. green, brown and pink ones I get from my other birds. I personally can't see the point of feeding something that is going to make your egg basket all one colour..... just a different colour from what it is now.... I love the natural variety of egg size and colour as much as I love the variety of colour and feather pattern in my mixed flock.
In a world where we already have far too many additives, is it really necessary to be adding them to our animals' feed as well, especially for such a cosmetic reason? Maybe the next step is to turn dog poo blue or pink so that it doesn't seem so unpleasant to pick up and can be more easily seen!

I know.....There's always one party pooper isn't there!
roll.png

@ chickadoodles

You won't get different colours each week. It takes several weeks of feeding for the colour to develop and then several more I would imagine for that colour to diminish and a new colour to develop. Unless you split your flock and feed different feed to each pen, but then you might as well just have different breeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom