Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I love see all the pics of the little chicks hatching.

This is my second hatch. The first one i hand turned and had 85% hatch rate. This time I added an egg turner on day 3. I had an issue with putting in the thermometer. I was able to add small ones but they are really hard to read. So i bought one that you can dangle through the vent. On day 7 I took out 3 clear. On day 12 I had an issue with tempeture spike to 105. :(
i got it back under control. I candled on day 14 and had 7 quiters. I believe it was due to the temp. So, now im down to 33 that are doing good.

What day does everyone lock down on night of 17th day or 18th?

Good luck everyone and keep the pics coming!

I stop turning on day 18, and up my humidity on the morning of the 19th. It kinda depends on what the air cells are doing.

I stop turning on day 18, and up my humidity on the morning of the 19th. It kinda depends on what the air cells are doing.

With big eggs or eggs without a distinct point, I stop turning a day earlier. And humidity is entirely dependent on the air cells, if they are too large, late humidity won't fix that, but there's no need to turn it up before a pip is expected if everything is on schedule.

Thank you.
Im doing a dry hatch this time. Humidity has stayed at 30%. The air cells look good. Right on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howfunkyisurchicken

My first chick just hatched
celebrate.gif

I think its a Silkie, Sizzle or a Silkie mix. It looks like it has light skin.
I didn't even know any of the eggs were pipped
tongue.png

woot.gif

On day two. Humidity has stayed at 30%. And temp at 99.5. I'm going to leave it since that seems to be constant rather than so much adjusting trying to bring up the humidity. Wish me luck. One question though? When I candle on day 7 do I just take the lid off and spend time doing it, not worry about the temp Etc.? I have 40 eggs in there.

OMG!!! I was moving me eggs from the egg turner to lay in the bator for lock down and I cracked one. :hit It cracked at the air cell. Not sure what to do. It didnt go through the membrane. I candled it and its still moving. So I put the cracked side up and put it back into the bator. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
OMG!!! I was moving me eggs from the egg turner to lay in the bator for lock down and I cracked one.
hit.gif
It cracked at the air cell. Not sure what to do. It didnt go through the membrane. I candled it and its still moving. So I put the cracked side up and put it back into the bator. Any suggestions?
tape, a cool wax-like dental, or i use liquid skin

Back
Top Bottom