Arkansas folks speak up.........

Well, I got more chicks. Picked up 12 Silver Laced Wyandottes from the local feed store for my sister. (1st Pic)

At the same time, my BBS Orpington chicks hatched (17 of them, last picture).

Middle picture are 13 RIR's that hatched out with the BBS's. Those are my sisters that she had me throw in the bator to fill it up.

A lot of cheaping going on around here right now...

Well, I got more chicks. Picked up 12 Silver Laced Wyandottes from the local feed store for my sister. (1st Pic) At the same time, my BBS Orpington chicks hatched (17 of them, last picture). Middle picture are 13 RIR's that hatched out with the BBS's. Those are my sisters that she had me throw in the bator to fill it up. A lot of cheaping going on around here right now...
Makes the world that much better with all those chicks. I'm getting ready to put some in the incubator. Naked Necks, Green Egger Naked Necks, Calico/Mottled Naked Necks, and Polish/Green Egger Naked Neck cross.

Last edited:
Draye, do you have any photos of that Polish/Naked Neck cross as an adult? I’m thinking you could market that in Hollywood as alien farm animals in a science fiction TV show or movie. :oops:

Draye, do you have any photos of that Polish/Naked Neck cross as an adult? I’m thinking you could market that in Hollywood as alien farm animals in a science fiction TV show or movie. :oops:

Sorry I don't have any of the grown ones.
Three or four years ago I had one but a dog killed it before I could get pictures. I've wanted a few ever since that time.

I got these eggs from someone that had bought a couple of my hens and only one out of all that hatch wound up laying green eggs. They put a Candy Corn and a Odd color ( he was a cross of Golden Laced and WC Black Polish) rooster over I think it was three hens, two of those came from my flock.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get some to hatch.

Draye, do you have any photos of that Polish/Naked Neck cross as an adult? I’m thinking you could market that in Hollywood as alien farm animals in a science fiction TV show or movie.
hide.gif

LOL Great Post. All he would have to do is add some silkie and really make sure they look alien because I think full-blooded silkies (as adults) look like creatures from a Sci-Fi movie.

Hello, everyone! Long time off here. Good to talk to everyone again.

LOL Great Post.  All he would have to do is add some silkie and really make sure they look alien because I think full-blooded silkies (as adults) look like creatures from a Sci-Fi movie.

Hello, everyone!  Long time off here.  Good to talk to everyone again. 

If you add Silkie to that mix you get “Showgirls”. Exposed neckline and wearing a hat and a boa. People actually breed those. I don’t know what would happen if you also add frizzle to the mix. Phyllis Diller?

If you add Silkie to that mix you get “Showgirls”. Exposed neckline and wearing a hat and a boa. People actually breed those. I don’t know what would happen if you also add frizzle to the mix. Phyllis Diller?

LOL I hadn't thought about the showgirl, I was just thinking crazy Polish with naked neck and this adding silky feathering/shape on top. Ewww!!!! I'm one of those that just doesn't like naked necks. The completely featherless creatures that Dr. Bramwell have disturbed me for weeks after one tour.

LOL  I hadn't thought about the showgirl, I was just thinking crazy Polish with naked neck and this adding silky feathering/shape on top.  Ewww!!!!  I'm one of those that just doesn't like naked necks.  The completely featherless creatures that Dr. Bramwell have disturbed me for weeks after one tour. 

I am totally with you on that one! Those naked chickens need to be in a Sci - fi movie!

Back
Top Bottom