Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hello all!

I have to sell some of my sweet ducks as I have way to many at this time. They were hatched in April-June and should start laying soon! I have Indian Runners and Indian Runner Ancona mixes for sale! The Indian Runner is a good layer and Ancona ducks are a good dual purpose breed.

Males $15, Females $20, and Pairs $30.

If you have any questions or want pictures please PM me. Thank you!!
What part of AR are you in?

Well, we are sadly making the decision to rehome our DNA sexed emu pair (9 months old) :( .
We are located in Ash Flat, AR. PM me for information or call/text 281-258-6098. Pick up only.

Attachments

• Resized_20210913_152856.jpeg
    Resized_20210913_152856.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Resized_20210913_153643.jpeg
    Resized_20210913_153643.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 4
Hey y'all! Morrilton AR here. So glad to live in this state! I feel like posting a roo I need to get rid of is not the best way to introduce myself but here we go. This is Soldier, a black Cochin Bantam that I need to find a home for. I would drive a little ways to get rid of him. Free to a good home. I hatched him and he is proud, but a good roo. His dad won Grand Champion at the Conway County Fair last year.

Soldier:
20211019_155225.jpg

20211019_155159.jpg

Little Big Shot (his dad)
20210321_105724~3.jpg

Anyone in north central Arkansas have brahmans? Wondering how their feet/legs do with all the wet, cold, mucky weather in winter. I'm looking for a broody hen breed and worry about brahmas getting frost bite.

I have Bantam Cochins. I never had anyone get frostbite and I have an outside roost bar, no heat lamp. All three of mine went broody. One went broody twice. They are 1 1/2 years old. May be able to ship eggs if you want.
Thanks so much for the reply and the very generous offer. I currently dont have any way to incubate eggs, but your feedback is super helpful! I'm still not sure which breed to get, but reading about your experience helps a bunch.

I live an hour south of little rock and have never had any cold issues but I have full sized birds. Only thing I do is have a water heater I keep on when it gets below freezing.

I got a cabinet heater I can hatch out but you are responsible for getting the eggs here and getting the chicks when ready. Don't be like the last one that got mad at me letting them borrow a rack in my incubator when after 2 weeks of contacting them with no reply I gave away their birds I have no room to store. This offer is only for hatching them next time I run it and not for brooding and/or raising your birds.

Anyone in north central Arkansas have brahmans? Wondering how their feet/legs do with all the wet, cold, mucky weather in winter. I'm looking for a broody hen breed and worry about brahmas getting frost bite.
I actually live in Ward. I have had Brahmas mixed in flock of 48 for years. Beautiful and protective Roosters. I have Dark Brahma hen right now. They are actually made for colder weather. But with the severe cold we had last year and predicted for 2022, I rub Vaseline on ALL the combs and wattles. That insulates them. Had a roo almost lose his comb due to frostbite last year. Rubbed it down, color came back nicely. All is good! I don't do anything to their feet. I do throw hay on their main walks, run etc. They will tuck up their feet when sitting in the hay. I do deep litter as well

Back
Top Bottom