Attaching hardware cloth to frame

Pneumatic staples are great for attaching HWC or welded wire. 5/8" are fairly short though. I used 1 1/4" on my welded wire. Lots faster than using screws and washers and there's not a 'coon out there that's gonna pull those staples out. I stapled about every 2-3 inches.

Pneumatic staples are great for attaching HWC or welded wire. 5/8" are fairly short though. I used 1 1/4" on my welded wire. Lots faster than using screws and washers and there's not a 'coon out there that's gonna pull those staples out. I stapled about every 2-3 inches.
Did you need to adjust the power setting(PSI?)...have read of some set to high breaking the wire.

Did you need to adjust the power setting(PSI?)...have read of some set to high breaking the wire.
I can adjust both PSI at the compressor and depth of the staple on the staple gun. If folks are breaking the wire they haven't adjusted the depth or the PSI or both correctly.

Last edited:
Just make sure your putting the hardware cloth on the outside of the openings so anything trying to get in has to push against the frame. I've found using 3/4" ,U-shaped, fencing staples is very effective. Then cover the edges with lath. Coons, in particular, can be very persistent and strong.
What is lathe?

Back
Top Bottom